PDA

View Full Version : 86 250r how to get seat to line up with tank?

CodyRosa
07-08-2014, 01:23 AM
Hey guys so my 86 250rs seat is roughly an inch away from the tank.. has a nice gap.. If the gap was at the top i'd just say the plastic is bent from over the years but its the bottom to. everything seems bolted up fine and I cant adjust the tank sense there are the 10mm bolts that don't adjust for the tank. I can get pictures of everything if needed sense i'd like to remove this ugly gap!

Thanks

Thorpe
07-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Usually that gap is caused from the seat cover either being installed too tight, or a old vinyl cover that's shrunk...

CodyRosa
07-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Well the top gap is most definitely that.. but there is a gap on the bottom.. the seat doesn't touch the tank at all. Usually the bottoms touch and the top is pull backwards from vinyl shrinking. If I could pull the tank backwards.. or move the seat forward it would fit almost perfectly.

Red Rider
07-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Cody, have you tried to see if there is any play available in the mounting of the seat to the rear fenders and/or the rear fender mounting brackets? Are these OEM plastics or aftermarket? If they are aftermarket, whoever mounted them up may not have drilled the seat mounting/fender bracket mounting holes in the proper locations.

CodyRosa
07-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Red Rider.. I actually have no plastics on it right now! Just the seat and tank. There doesn't seem to be any play anywhere.. Which is why I dont get it.. If i could move the mounting plates on the seat a half inch to an inch it'd be a perfect fit!

Red Rider
07-08-2014, 11:18 PM
With plastics on it, the rear fender plastic will get sandwiched in between the seat & mounting brackets, which I believe would make the gap slightly worse. I looked at mine, and I have about a 1/4" uniform gap in between the seat & tank.

CodyRosa
07-09-2014, 12:33 AM
hmm i'll get a picture of it tomorrow.. its more than a 1/4 inch.. I'll get some of the mounting brackets as well.. who knows maybe i did something wrong haha