PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Crazyktmmatt
07-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Yep Im a newbie.

Not to atc's anyways

Got one as a kid at the age of 9. A '81 honda 70. Tried riding the wheels off it, never seceded tho. It got sold because I was riding where I wasnt supposed to..... Opps
This last christmas I bought my 8 year old a '81 70....... Uh oh theres a pattern forming here.... She rides and and loves it to death. Nothing like going from just dad to parent of the year about everyday.

I do admit to riding it about as much as she does....

Few weeks ago I bought a '84 big red from the orig owner for $100. It needs some stuff of course. Gas tank looks new inside :Bounce , one fender has a crack in it, needs a seat cover, needs some cables, both brake levers. Tires are almost new :D It was parked because the starter quit, which works fine if ya bypass it. I got it running within a hour of getting it home and rode it a lil bit till I washed it and it lost spark. I think the cdi box quit. I was having weird starting issues too.

Then the other day my buddy offers me a atc 70. Crap - its a parts bike almost, needs a carb and handlebars and little stuff. Im thinking sell the stuff I dont need and put a big pit bike motor in it...

86125m
07-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Keep those extra parts they definatly come in handy trust me.

JTHOMAS
07-10-2014, 05:09 PM
welcome fellow newbie....
Yep Im a newbie.

Not to atc's anyways

Got one as a kid at the age of 9. A '81 honda 70. Tried riding the wheels off it, never seceded tho. It got sold because I was riding where I wasnt supposed to..... Opps
This last christmas I bought my 8 year old a '81 70....... Uh oh theres a pattern forming here.... She rides and and loves it to death. Nothing like going from just dad to parent of the year about everyday.

I do admit to riding it about as much as she does....

Few weeks ago I bought a '84 big red from the orig owner for $100. It needs some stuff of course. Gas tank looks new inside :Bounce , one fender has a crack in it, needs a seat cover, needs some cables, both brake levers. Tires are almost new :D It was parked because the starter quit, which works fine if ya bypass it. I got it running within a hour of getting it home and rode it a lil bit till I washed it and it lost spark. I think the cdi box quit. I was having weird starting issues too.

Then the other day my buddy offers me a atc 70. Crap - its a parts bike almost, needs a carb and handlebars and little stuff. Im thinking sell the stuff I dont need and put a big pit bike motor in it...

Crazyktmmatt
07-11-2014, 03:42 AM
Im thinking about fixing the 70 so i can ride it and my kid will be able to ride her 70.....

murrietamike
07-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Have fun with it.... I say fix the 70 and the two of you can race....

Anyway... welcome

Crazyktmmatt
07-13-2014, 01:30 AM
Id win - old guys cheat ...

Few weeks ago I beat up on the 2 quads with the honda 70.

Hows it feel to be beat down with 3hp?

murrietamike
07-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Of course old guys cheat..... that's why we win....

Crazyktmmatt
07-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Um duh, kinda have to when you ride a 70.....

350for350
07-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Just keep her riding. She'll never regret it. I have a friend with four kids. They've all been riding since they were 5 or 6. The oldest is in college. All four kids seem to have more respect for and a better relationship with their parents than a lot of kids I see these days. I think it's because when they go riding, it's quality time spent with mom and dad.

smrover1
07-20-2014, 05:37 PM
I have three boys age 3,5,7 cant wait to some day get them riding I grew up riding and at age 42 still love it