PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Honda ATC 250R Radiator Shroud Hardware and Thumb Throttle Question.

arlaunch
07-12-2014, 01:45 PM
New here,

First post.

I bought a 1985 rolling chassis and an engine from to separate craigslist vendors.

The radiator shrouds where all cracked up. Easy find. I ordered up new OEM shrouds and they arrived a couple of days ago. I was hoping in vain that they would come with the hardware but they did not.

I am looking for the lower collar inserts that protect the plastic from the bottom bolt.

Anybody have a clue where to find these?

In addition i am curious if the TRX thumb throttle is identical to the 250R ATC's thumb throttle?

There is one for sale locally on craigslist that is very affordable.

Thanks for having me here.

Mr. Clean
07-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Thumb throttles are the same so long as it's trx250r. I am pretty sure I have a couple collars, I will look.

arlaunch
07-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Thank you,

I have been lurking on here for quite some time. I used to have a 1982 250R in high-school. Sold it to pay for a truck. Grew up. 20 years went by.

Ironically the last few years i have looked on craigslist at 250R's. No REAL desire though.

For some reason last month it hit me like a sledge hammer. 20 years of repression. I ALWAYS wanted an 85 or 86.

Now this ATC project consumes my mind like a dirt bag after a first date with a supermodel.

Not sure what happened? But i love these things. Always have i suppose.

Ironically my wife is on board too.

arlaunch
07-30-2014, 01:23 AM
I just can't seem to find the radiator shroud collar hardware or the plastic pieces that bolt into the fuel tank mount. These are the pieces that the seat hooks onto up front.

Any help would be appreciated.

BOB MARLIN
07-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Call BDT motorsports. They have alot of oem bits that are no longer available.