PDA

View Full Version : 200s idle problem

Dirty200
07-13-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm having trouble gettig my 84 200s running right. Got her out this year and when I would get into high Rps (anything more than about half throttle) it would bog down almost like there was too much fuel. I tried adjusting the air to fuel mix with no success, tryied the idle screw with nothing. Made sure the throttle body was moving as it should it was fine checked the cable seemed fine. So I bought a new carb, now it revs super high after doin through that whole check list again it is still wide open, I'm lost. PLEASE HELP!! sorry for the long post I'm also not too sure yet how to find my threads or subscribe to them so please explain that also. If you could dm me and tell me how to check it thanks again!!! -Ben

cap
07-14-2014, 03:07 PM
Your post is hard to understand?
The old carb most likely had some plugged up jets from sitting, remove and give a good cleaning.
If the new carb "revs super high" do you have the slide in correctly and is the throttle linkage operating freely?

Dirty200
07-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Sorry the the confusing post but thank you for the reply! I cleaned the original carb but it still wouldn't idle. Which is why I got the new one, I checked the slide and the throttle linkage and all seems to be good. Any other suggestions?

cap
07-16-2014, 07:03 PM
The screw that sets the idle speed, back it out and see if that helps.