PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Forum Issues

GSUwhiskers
07-14-2014, 12:59 AM
I'm usually accessing the forum via my phone but it seems to have problems with staying logged in, and lately it won't post what I write even if it appears to at the time of posting (if that makes sense). BTW the typos in my posts are due to the phone usage too, I do the best I can but this autocorrect has a mind of its own.

DohcBikes
07-14-2014, 01:37 AM
I've almost given up on posting with my phone. Nothing works right. I usually just browse. But my phones old.

Billy Golightly
07-14-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm aware of the mobile phone issues - currently exploring some alternative forum software that'll work better on mobile devices, hang in there.

jakep53
07-15-2014, 05:30 AM
is there any way you can link this forum to TAPATALK??

Billy Golightly
07-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Unfotunately not. Tapatalk is not compatible with some of the modications and addons that have been integrated into the site over the years, making the necessity for a new software package even more important. Its coming eventually, I just have to do a lot of research before I pull the trigger on anything.

jakep53
07-16-2014, 05:29 AM
ah that sucks!!

GSUwhiskers
07-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Billy, could you also make it where the forum doesn't log you out after only a short period of time of inactivity? Like maybe an hour of inactivity instead of say 10 or 15 minutes.

adamszwheeler
07-24-2014, 07:58 AM
10-15 minutes? On phone it can be seconds...id post a ton more if i could use my phone, ill be lucky to post this. Glad to see you guys are looking into it.

DohcBikes
07-24-2014, 08:39 AM
No matter where you log in from, if you click the 'remember me' button it will generally keep you logged in until you delete your history, cache or cookies. This is one issue I was having on the phone that seems to be solved with this remedy.

The down side is that if you browse for 2 seconds twenty times a day everybody thinks you are doing nothing but staring at 3ww all day every day, because your activity updates every time you access the site with your login. Thats ok, haters be hatin' lol...

adamszwheeler
07-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Ha! Never even noticed the remember me...working so far..been logged in for a couple hours now at least!!! Awesome!!!