PDA

View Full Version : Is it real?

dman10
07-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Did it really happen? The most invincible man I knew passed away today.

My Dad.

He was sick the past 3 days, and feeling better, he went to work this morning.
A little before 10 today, his co workers found him unconscious on the floor. He was rushed to the hospital where they worked on him for 2 hours and had his pulse back twice for less than 10 minutes each. He died of a massive heart attack. Never even got to say good bye. So much we were sposed to do together, that never got done. I'm so confused. Is it real? Is it a dream? What the hell am I sposed to do?
Heres a picture of us on july 4th 2012:

atc007
07-14-2014, 10:11 PM
So sorry to hear this . You will be in shock for years, get used to it I guess. Try and enjoy all the great memories you have with him. Wish there was more I could say. Lay on your family and friends for support.

dman10
07-14-2014, 10:13 PM
I know, I am laying on my family, just help to talk about it with others.

RIDE-RED 250r
07-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Sorry for your loss. Prayers your way.

MIK6
07-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Sorry for your loss..
my dad passed 20 years ago at 53, I was 23 at the time.
Not a day goes by w/o thinking of him even now! He shaped who I am today.

remember the small things, laffs, smiles and stories.. it will take alittle time to get thru, but try to smile when ya think of him!

YTZ drew
07-14-2014, 10:26 PM
I'm so sorry. :cry:

You're going to hear those words from a lot of folks, and though they won't do much to ease your pain, at least know that you have many friends thinking about you.

just ben
07-14-2014, 10:53 PM
Like drew Said. There is nothing I can do to help ease your pain but you and your family are in my thoughts tonight. I am very sorry for your loss,if there is anything we can do please don't be shy.

slashfan7964
07-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Sorry for your loss man. That's something that's really hard on everyone. The best thing you can do is be with your family in this time of need.

dman10
07-14-2014, 10:59 PM
What bugs me most is every night he bugged for not working on his 185s, and I just shrugged him off saying I was busy on my 200.

dman10
07-14-2014, 11:07 PM
And I would get to it when mine was done.

El Camexican
07-15-2014, 01:11 AM
And I would get to it when mine was done.

And you still will someday and it will be good therapy and you will be a better person for having been through this sad part of life. God bless.

RapidRick
07-15-2014, 01:24 AM
My condolences to you and your family.

slashfan7964
07-15-2014, 03:12 AM
What bugs me most is every night he bugged for not working on his 185s, and I just shrugged him off saying I was busy on my 200.

Don't beat yourself up for what should have been or could have been. You and no one else knew it was going to happen. You simply lived life in the moment. Don't dwell on what could have happened and celebrate the life of the man who brought you into this world. Hang in their man.

DohcBikes
07-15-2014, 03:20 AM
dman10, feel however you want to feel.

His bikes were his. He didn't really mind that you didn't work on his trike. You are blessed to have shared such an intricate interest. Dads are proud of their sons. He loves you. He is beaming with pride for his son in the pic you showed us.

The earth we live on is a small part of our soul's capacity. We never leave this universe, so in some respect, he will always be with you. Your chest might feel a lot like there is a building sitting on it right now, physical hurt to add to the emotions.

Feel however you want to feel.
We call it death.

69HemiGTX
07-15-2014, 07:15 AM
My dad was sick with diabetes for the last couple years of his life. I knew he wasn't going to make it, and so did he. When I got the news, it was 0430 in the morning during a full alert. My 1SG and the Chaplain were knocking on my door. As soon as I saw them, I knew what had happened. Being half a world away in Korea, it really was overwhelming. I, like you, never got to say goodbye. Don't dwell on it. The greatest thing any father can take away from this life is the knowledge that he raised a good child. I'll have to leave my son some day, and even if we don't get a chance to say goodbye, it'll be OK. I know what he feels in his heart, and your dad knew what you felt, too.

atc007
07-15-2014, 08:40 AM
All great advice here.Like dohc said. Look at that pic. Your Dad was beaming with pride in that pic. The best/most you can do for him now. Is to move on and be a great man. Make him proud. Do the right thing. Even when no one is looking. Hopefully you and your family are gathered around each other for the week. He knew how much you Loved him. Don't hammer yourself worrying about that. He knew,and he was proud.

ironchop
07-15-2014, 10:43 AM
so sorry for your loss, man

czac
07-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about your pops... I can only say, try not to dwell on what you might have, could have, would have done together, instead, dwell on The time you had with him.
Remember him at his best, happy, as he was in that photo... And take his trike and put it away until you are ready to start living again, when the pain of his passing turns into just a dull ache, when you can think of him and smile or even laugh about something he did or said and without feeling the sharp pain of his passing, then take it out and restore it for him, make it a nice tribute to him, and his life... It will be the best therapy and a way to show all what you think / thought of him! Take care!

Vealmonkey
07-16-2014, 01:46 PM
It's devestating to hear this. I worry about things like this happening all the time to me or my fellow coworkers. If it's of any cnsequensce, he didn't suffer ong some peope have. I'm truly sorry for your loss. At least you know your dad loved you. Let me know if I can help.

dman10
07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
We heard from the examiner today.
His heart was completely toast, even if we found it weeks in advance, he wouldn't have survived his heart was so bad, both valves we bad, and all the artery's were clogged. Even if he was laying on a gurney in the E.R when it happened he wouldn't have survived. He went to work Monday morning where he lined up everything that needed to be done in the next two weeks. They asked him if he was going on vacation for awhile where he said "yeah, I think I'm going to take some time off" then he sat down and that was it. He was responsible to his job and his men till the very end. When his boss brought by his work truck yesterday, (which I sat down in and cried.) he also brought a giant poster board with some of dads belongings zip-tied to it and in the middle it said "Bruce, we will miss you" and it had 20+ signatures and other writings from his workers, along with a collection from the workers, and one from Harvey Clearery ??Spelling?? which was 600+ alone. This Saturday I know my Boy Scout troop will be there, my whole church, and his workers and then some, and family of course, along with the misc. towns folk, neighbors and Friends. Apparently he's touched more people than I ever thought.

atc007
07-17-2014, 08:46 AM
You will see as your life plays out just how many things he touched. Especially inside you :) . Things will come up straight out of the blue,and you will respond to it and realize... Holy cow. That was DAD... It will happen. Mark my words :). Keep on crying,that is exactly what you need to be doing. CELEBRATE his life. With friends and family. I don't know you. But I assume you are now the "Man " of the family. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. But help Mom out all you can. This will bring you closer than you ever imagined.I know there is no solace whatsoever in in these words.. But ,like Veal said.. He didn't suffer. You have no idea what a true blessing that is for anyone. I watched front row to the fall of my Iron Man Dad turn into jello,refighting World War 2 EVERY single day and night for TWO straight years in my Home. I always feared about him being killed in some horrific farming accident... That would have been WAY too easy for us! Take some piece in he was here today gone tomorrow..... And I know that probably sounds cold right now,so I'm sorry... My thoughts and prayers are with you this weekend and beyond.

Joseph Farrow
07-17-2014, 09:38 AM
WOW Truly sorry for the loss of your Father. You and your family are in my Prayers. I am fortunate enough to have both of my parents. My wife lost her Father at an early age and believe me it's not a day that goes by she does not think about him.

Motorgidd
07-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Im so sorry for your loss, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

The loss of a loved one is never easy at any age. One thing that I always did after I lost my Dad to cancer a few years ago was talk to him every day, believe me he is listening. And when you get sad try to remember all of the great times you two had together. Like others have said try not to dwell on the things that could of been, dwell on the things that you did together, all the good times and all the laughs you had together. You have his memory and that is one of the best things he left you. Nobody and nothing can ever take that away. When you get around to working on his trike it will bring more pleasure knowing you are doing it for him.

Take care and we are all here for you man.

Chad