PDA

View Full Version : jack

jack beckwith
07-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone im new to the site. I have a 225dx that wont run smooth after half throttle.
perfect idling and up to half throttle. I had it stored for 8yrs it ran perfect when I put it up.
Ive put new gas in it and completely rebuilt the carb. tried every adjustment .
Float level air screws nothing works. Any ideas?

350for350
07-19-2014, 12:13 AM
Did you clean the jets really well? Even a little bit of crap in a jet will make it run poorly.

muthey
07-19-2014, 12:20 AM
check to see if your main needle is bent, had that issue a couple of times, also any debris in the main jet area after you take the orifice out can mess with it.

jack beckwith
07-19-2014, 11:22 AM
check to see if your main needle is bent, had that issue a couple of times, also any debris in the main jet area after you take the orifice out can mess with it.

Checked the needle and jets a dozen times.THANKS though. Ive been dealing with this for 2wks.
Does anyone know if the timing advances with rpm with this engine?
Also the plug says rich. Stock jets. checked them. even with the air cleaner right out.

DohcBikes
07-19-2014, 03:20 PM

Possibly the exhaust is plugged or the enricher is stuck in the on position. Some would refer to the enrichener on your model as a choke. My guess is its one of these two things.

Weak spark can also cause the top end to break up. test the coils and put a brand new NGK in it. Make sure it's not over full on oil.

jack beckwith
07-19-2014, 08:15 PM

Possibly the exhaust is plugged or the enricher is stuck in the on position. Some would refer to the enrichener on your model as a choke. My guess is its one of these two things.

Weak spark can also cause the top end to break up. test the coils and put a brand new NGK in it. Make sure it's not over full on oil.

Thanks I will try those. I know the enrichener is closed but the seal on it could be iffy even though Ive never seen that happen.
plenty of flow out the exaust

muthey
07-20-2014, 03:46 AM
have you checked the o-ring on the float needle seat to see if it is damaged, sometimes that happens and the carb starts flooding into the motor and the air box and with it being a sealed air box and an upward angle air intake tube you won't be able to see the fuel. Otherwise check your spark, or your valves with the engine cold. also make sure the starter cable"choke cable" is not too tight where it is engaging when it is shut off.

jack beckwith
07-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Thanks everyone. Checked every thing still doing it.I think it almost has to be carburation because when
I ride it around at low throttle, it runs perfect. and if I don't open the throttle to far and run it for awhile,
the plug color is perfect. IDK any more ideas?

muthey
07-20-2014, 01:15 PM
did you happen to do a carb kit on it at some time, and use the timberwolf kit? or is it possible when you cleaned the jets that you damage the main jet in any way?