PDA

View Full Version : What to do about seller error

GSUwhiskers
07-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Guys, I've made several orders from eBay recently and have had no problems until today. I ordered two right crankcase gaskets from thewatercraftstore7660 and not only did receive only one gasket, but it was the WRONG gasket! Normally I wouldn't be too irritated, but this is one part I especially need by this Friday to work on my SX. So I put in an order with Honda today for two of those gaskets that I'm praying will be here by Friday. Now I need to know what to do about getting my money back, I tried contacting the seller and they haven't replied yet. Anyone have any experience with stuff like this?

Flossyb20
07-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Don't worry, give him a couple days to get back to you, if not, then just file a complaint through the resolution center with ebay...once this happens he has so many days to respond. If things aren't settled to your satisfaction, you should get a refund...but in my experience it has rarely come to that, most sellers on ebay are pretty quick to make things right, it cost more for them to sell their stuff if they have bad feedback...also, don't leave any feedback until the situation is resolved...

GSUwhiskers
07-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Okay cool, if he doesn't reply by Friday I'll make a complaint and hopefully get the money back.

hoosierlogger
07-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Also note that neutral feedback is the same as negative. I left a seller neutral feedback for a carburator one time. He got all butt hurt and blocked me from buying anything from him again.

GSUwhiskers
07-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Haha well this guy has a 99% positive feedback, so I figured all was well. BUT I don't like not being able to pick up the phone and call the guy.

Flyingw
07-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Ya go through the resolution center and file a case. That's what's it there for. I've used it a few times but give them time to respond to your inquiry.