PDA

View Full Version : yamaha yt60 zinger project

cwolfe
07-24-2014, 08:54 PM
hey i am posting my recent project. i posted a question about a brake cable replacement because the ones forsale on ebay were like 40 bucks and ended up finding one for a honda bike for 10. anyway the trike needs a topend so i did some research and found that a yamaha 50 moped and a pw50 dirt bike share the same motor design. i found a top end for a yt60 on ebay but the sellers wanted between 180-200 for them, so i looked up a pw50 and found complete kits made by the same country for 60 and the big bore 60 kit for 78 bucks. so i just ordered the 50 kit i know i am losing 10cc but it is for my son and he doesnt need anymore. anyway i will let you know how the kit works because paying a third is always better. here are some pics of before and after check out the gravedigger paint job on the frame when i bought it, the rest of it was in a box.

adamszwheeler
07-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Nice little trike!! It was the same way with my tri-z...ebay was always more expensive than the dealer and what was disccontinued was insanely expensive, until i figured out what other bikes yamaha used that part on back in the day..i was buying 10-15 dollar yz parts when the same part listed as tri-z was always 45-100!