PDA

View Full Version : ATC70 Pull start problem, help!

3wheelers
07-29-2014, 01:45 AM
So I bought an atc 70 a few days ago. When I bought it, the pull rope was all the way out. I took it off and took it apart. When I took it apart, the spring came out. So I wasn't sure how it went back in. After a couple hours of messing with it and trying to figure out how to put it together. I thought I had it. The spring is really the only thing I need help with. I put it up inside the bottom of the round thing that the rope twists around. It seemed to be right and I put it all back together and gave it some pulls. It will pull out, and go back in, but it's hard to get back in. It gets stuck and you have to keep pulling and pulling and it will finally go back in. Back to how I put it together. The spring touches the tied end of the rope. It's hard to expane. I think the spring is getting caught on the tied end of the rope that holds the rope in. I really think I put it together correctly. Why does the rope get caught and not go back in? How do I put this thing together the right way? Does anyone know how to put them together? If you do, please try your best to explane it to me. If you can, upload pictures of where the spring goes in. It would be very helpful! I've put together lots of 110 pull starts and I get them. But these atc70's are different. Oh and by the way, I pulled the rope ALLL the way out, and now it's stuck. I don't want to take it apart again untill I know how to put it back together the right way. If you read all this, thank you. And if you know how to put it together, let me know. Thank you.