PDA

View Full Version : looking for parts for my motor

taylorlike88
07-31-2014, 01:44 AM
for the last week I have bin building my self a new go-cart. looking around for a motor I found my old trike, a 1985 Honda 200M after sitting in a field for 5 years after it got in a crash it was in ruff shape. no gas tank, tires cracked, bent fork and worst of all motor seized, so not much hope for it I decided to use the motor for the go-cart. After getting the motor out and spinning (sort of) opened up the motor to see the cylinder walls are rusted beyond repair same with the valves but the head cleaned up fine. I went online to look for parts but I can't seem to find anything for it, so I figured that someone is bound to have seen some kicking around somewhere.

parts needed:
-piston with rings
-cylinder jug
-both valves
-upper and lower gaskets

if anyone see some of them it would be great if you could post a link for me

natenkiki2004
07-31-2014, 04:54 AM
for the last week I have bin building my self a new go-cart. looking around for a motor I found my old trike, a 1985 Honda 200M after sitting in a field for 5 years after it got in a crash it was in ruff shape. no gas tank, tires cracked, bent fork and worst of all motor seized, so not much hope for it I decided to use the motor for the go-cart. After getting the motor out and spinning (sort of) opened up the motor to see the cylinder walls are rusted beyond repair same with the valves but the head cleaned up fine. I went online to look for parts but I can't seem to find anything for it, so I figured that someone is bound to have seen some kicking around somewhere.

parts needed:
-piston with rings
-cylinder jug
-both valves
-upper and lower gaskets

if anyone see some of them it would be great if you could post a link for me

Piston, gaskets & valves you can get here:
http://dratv.com/200ebigred.html

I saw a few cylinders on eBay. Didn't happen to see a bore kit for motor but maybe you could get away with some oversized rings and a deep hone?