PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like ferrets?

hondatrikesrule22
01-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Are there any other ferret lovers out there?

J.D.
01-11-2004, 01:55 AM
I like ferret's but they're stinky mofos. I have a guinea pig right now but he's getting old....I might get a ferret after Gizmo passes on.

kwit
01-11-2004, 03:52 AM
actually those things are really kool ive seen a few.. id get one but do u have to keep them caged?.. can they just wonder the house think a normal dog? or do they like get into the heating vents and stuff?.. i dont want to get one if i have to watch it all the time.. but can u imagin a frickin ferrett and 3 dogs? :rolleyes:

atcmatt
01-11-2004, 05:19 AM
One time at my my farm these dudes came with ferrets and we went hunting rabbits with them. They go down the holes and the bunny comes running out and gets caught in the nets that are placed over the holes.
Now the kids up the road at my farm have a pair of ferrets that they just got, they called em "hunter" and "rabbo", they are really young but when they grow up were going to make them rabbit hunters. They stink, much the same as a cat! I want one, they rule!

Matt

nate b
01-11-2004, 09:34 AM
back in my younger days I used to do alot of trapping and i used to like trapping mink and other types of weasles because their fur brought good $

ATC crazy
01-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Ferrets are stinky, and ugly little bastards.

I have a Chinchilla 8)

http://www.kt.rim.or.jp/~ksk/photo/chinchilla-4s.jpg

JW125M
01-11-2004, 01:04 PM
what a chincilla?...do u keep um in a cage?...that thing looks pretty cool 8)

YAMAHA_Jim
01-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Ferrets rule
I have 2 female ferrets.They dont stink as bad as males.Mine are descented too.Ferrets are addicting,after you get 1 you usually get a second one a short time after.Sometimes I let them out at night and fall asleep and I find them curled up on my pillow in the morning.I keep mine in a cage most of the time..They can also fit thru any hole they can stick thier head in,about an inch and a 1/4.They are also great climbers and will climb anything they can get thier claws into.

ATC crazy
01-11-2004, 04:39 PM
what a chincilla?...do u keep um in a cage?...that thing looks pretty cool 8)

They are like a mix between a squirrel, and a mouse ( :? ) They are the softest animal I know of....softer than a rabbit ever though of being. And yes, you do keep them in a cage. It should be fairly big too because they like to run aruond a lot. We let him out every once in a while and watch him run around the house. They hop around like Kangaroo's and use their front paws like we use our hands. They are awesome....

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:DCYEP0XVRuYC:www.princeton.edu/~lalexand/chinchilla.gif

Oh ya...they also take baths.......Dust baths. You have to get a special kind of "dust" that you put in an old fish bowl or something and they crawl in it and roll around in the dust. It supposed to get all the oils/dirt off of its fur and skin. Its pretty funny to watch them...

honda200
01-11-2004, 09:56 PM
I always wanted a ferret, never got one, but as soon as i move out, i am getting a male and a female, and breedin them, haha, btw, nice cage TriZ_Jim! that thing rules!

Curtis

Billy Golightly
01-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Ferrets rule
I have 2 female ferrets.They dont stink as bad as males.Mine are descented too.Ferrets are addicting,after you get 1 you usually get a second one a short time after.Sometimes I let them out at night and fall asleep and I find them curled up on my pillow in the morning.I keep mine in a cage most of the time..They can also fit thru any hole they can stick thier head in,about an inch and a 1/4.They are also great climbers and will climb anything they can get thier claws into.

Man thems some High performance Ferrets there Jim, Run on Klotz, has flowmaster exhausts, and Pro-X pistons! :shock:

Tri-Z Pilot
01-12-2004, 12:50 AM
My sister has a ferret, and it is the biggest thief I have ever seen! lol! It will take anything you leave out, (candy, sink plugs,ciggarettes,etc.), and it will stash them somewhere of their choice. Ferrets are master escape artists too, it has a feed dish that would connect from the outside of the cage, and it would scoop it's food out, and crawl in through the bin, and up and out to the outside of the cage, it took us a month to figure out how it was escaping (it would wait till we were asleep, then it would go on a stealing rampage). They arent stinky if you take good care of them, my sister bathes it once a week, and you can buy ferret perfume for them, and it is not much smellier than a dog.

YAMAHA_Jim
01-12-2004, 04:10 PM
lol @HondaATC, I get lots of free stickers at the national mx races and I just stick them everywhere.
honda200 A female ferret has to be bred everytime she goes into heat, if not she will die.Thats why most/all ferrets sold in a pet store are spayed/neutered. Breeding ferrets is a major responsibility and should be left to the pro's at the ferret farms. Just my 2 cents,If you do breed them,good luck.
Z pilot, mine are notorious for stealing my keys,,right out of my pants when I leave them on the floor,wallet also.Some mornings I'm late for work b/c I cant find them. :)

roofinggun
01-13-2004, 04:05 PM
My cat would like them :twisted:

hondatrikesrule22
01-13-2004, 05:28 PM
They are sometimes used to hunt and kill,rabbits,cats,squirrels,basically anything furry.My ferret is still small,but he is not afraid of my cat(he goes straight for the neck!lol). :shock:

REDMAN225
01-14-2004, 12:56 PM
i had a ferret for 7 years. she had a tumor on her tail that was successfully removed. she had full run of the house and always went to the bathroom in a box. i miss her alot! great pets. oh.. and don't let them play with rabbits!!!

honda200
01-15-2004, 10:13 PM
man, i really want a ferret now! i got a wood shop class, i could build them a 4x4 foot cage with levels and all, like Tims, that thing is awesome man! did you build it yourself?

Curtis

3 weelin geezer
01-18-2004, 06:39 AM
I like ferrets. Especially the ones that shoot a 50 BMG. http://ferret50.com/

honda200
01-18-2004, 12:13 PM
ohh god, thats my weapon of choice!

Curtis

Kaysen
01-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Does that gun shoot ferrets??? I'm lost, if so thats horrible. JK Kaysen

3 weelin geezer
01-19-2004, 01:04 AM
I'm sure you could stuff one in the barrel and shoot it out like a circus clown. smaller clown = smaller cannon. Thats a big rat no matter what you call it (chinchilla). If ferrets stink, why dont you just wash it? when my dog stinks of cat poo necklace, I just wash her ( and curse the cat with a promise I will introduce it to my boot someday :evil: ) and she is all right.

sleestack
01-20-2004, 01:33 PM
I don't have ferret but I have sugar gliders, 6 of them. Cool little guys, I wish I could move like that.

Dirt Digger
01-23-2004, 12:50 AM
:idea: Most everyone believes ferrets are members of the wessel family. But in reality they are members of the CAT family.

plkmonster2
01-25-2004, 05:24 AM
i have a hamster, wish i had a ferret, wouldn't go good with the 10+ cats here :D

hondatrikesrule22
01-25-2004, 05:32 AM
Actually,I would be more worried for the cats! My ferett made one of my cats meow for mercy,he had him by the neck and was shaking it like a dog with a piece of meat.They are the best pet you could ever have.