PDA

View Full Version : 86 atc 250r Bore + Piston

CodyRosa
07-31-2014, 02:06 PM
Hey guys.. Trying to get my 250r bored 0.20 over and i've been looking for a seller on ebay that I can ship my cylinder to.. they bore it and send it back so it'll take roughly 2 weeks. Instead of me buying a kit on ebay and waiting a week then another 2 weeks. I'm trying to get this motor rebuilt quick so I can attempt to go to a vintage ride!

My question is does anybody know of any sellers or companies that carry the piston and rings on ebay or anywhere else to save on some time?

If not I'll wait of course!

New2Tri-Z
07-31-2014, 02:29 PM
Order the kit. When it gets there call your local Napa Machine shop or any reputible Motorcycle shop. You should be able to get a kit to you within a week. And they should be able to get your machine work done within a week. That way your not shipping your cyclinder all over (chance of damage and/or loss). Its all up to you though.

CodyRosa
07-31-2014, 03:57 PM
I could have a local shop do it in 1 or 2 days... if i want to bring my stock cylinder to 273cc lol.. not looking to go 120 over for the first bore haha. I was hoping there might be a company that i could ship just my cylinder to and receive the whole top end kit. They did it for my 200x so i figured someone would do it for an R. I guess ill have to go with waiting!

350for350
07-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Cody, you shouldn't have any problem finding parts for your 250r. There's probably more aftermarket parts out there for them than all the the others combined. That said, why would your local shop have to take it to 273cc? Couldn't they go to the next size over? You could always go to Wiseco or another piston maker to order a piston from them. Ebay isn't completely necessary.

CodyRosa
08-01-2014, 03:35 AM
My local shop can bore anything smaller than 69mm =( I guess i should have specified that! I just bought a wiseco piston today so i'll just wait. I couldn't find any ebay sellers.

BOB MARLIN
08-01-2014, 11:22 AM
I don't think you take a stock cylinder past 265cc anyway. Just about any motorcycle shop should be able to get you a honda piston or aftermarket piston in a day or so.

yaegerb
08-01-2014, 01:20 PM
My local shop can bore anything smaller than 69mm =( I guess i should have specified that! I just bought a wiseco piston today so i'll just wait. I couldn't find any ebay sellers.

Google should be your best friend in situations like this. I don't know how far these guys are from you, but I typed in ATV service next to Finlayson and these guys popped up. Probably worth a look.

http://www.rvsperformance.com/