PDA

View Full Version : Time to ban small planes?

Eric o
07-31-2014, 06:54 PM
Has anyone watched the news lately? have you seen what's going on in the skies ?it seems to me like small planes are falling from everywhere even landing on people ,maybe it's time the government did what they did in the 80s with three wheelers and eliminate the production of small aircraft.... It seems to me like people are dying everywhere from small aircraft crashes? Maybe they can restrict areas where small aircraft fly like beaches or even set an age limit for passengers in small aircraft! :crazy: just kidding I'm totally against the government banning anything just felt like ranting;)

350for350
07-31-2014, 08:02 PM
I know what you mean. All of this makes me glad that I live far from a beach! At least out here in flyover country, there should be plenty of room to land a small plane without hitting anyone. Hooray for the boonies! LOL!

just ben
07-31-2014, 08:36 PM
No but I do believe that they should require more than a few "solo" hrs to get permitted to actually fly solo. It's easy to control an aircraft when you have someone telling you what you are doing right or wrong and that time is considered solo if he instructor doesn't touch the controls.

Red Rider
07-31-2014, 09:30 PM
No but I do believe that they should require more than a few "solo" hrs to get permitted to actually fly solo. It's easy to control an aircraft when you have someone telling you what you are doing right or wrong and that time is considered solo if he instructor doesn't touch the controls.
An instructor won't sign the student off for solo flights until that student has satisfactorily demonstrated his/her ability to fly the plane safely without instructor intervention. This is all left up to the instructor's judgement, within the guidance set forth by the FAA. Each instructor is different as is each student. The only flight time logged as solo flight is when the student is flying alone, without the instructor on board.

just ben
07-31-2014, 10:55 PM
I looked into it a lot nearly 20 years ago when I was interested in learning to fly. I'm sure rules have changed since then and half of what I looked up was probably outdated even then.

chargercharlie
07-31-2014, 11:22 PM
pilot here..redrider is correct for the most part..and remember after your training your signed off to take a check ride with an FAA checkairman then whom either is satisfied with your performance after your ground check on airmanship knowledge that you go up and do the flying portion..and are either handed a temporary PPL (Private pilots license) or failed and have to go through stage check again with your chief CFI..its not cheap to do all this so its to the utmost importance for the student to pay more attention. .there is alot more to this than you think guys..it doesnt matter if you get someone with a logbook full of hours or the pilot whos ink is still wet on their cert ..mistakes are easy to make up there..and flying is something where you take the test first..and it will teach you a lesson afterwards. .some people pay with their lives. .

DohcBikes
07-31-2014, 11:47 PM
I wont ride in a conventional vehicle with anybody I'm not familiar with. Rarely am I ever a passenger.

Hey NoName, are you sure you have the experience to fly this turd miles high through the air and land it on the ground safely?

Dang right I am, I flewed a billion mowles with my local soooperb instructorrr here in yeehaw county.

That's all I have to say about that.

chargercharlie
08-01-2014, 12:00 AM
There are some extremely stupid people out there in the flying community. .its not the redneck that ends up killing themselves and whomever else usually. .its the jack ass Dr who has a few hrs in his complex (<---- more than 200Hp)that lets the plane get ahead of em..think about that.

DohcBikes
08-01-2014, 12:22 AM
Exactly. Add the two scenarios together and you get an equation.