PDA

View Full Version : Crash Dummies

6speedthumper
08-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Who here remembers this great toy? I beat on them so hard I was hot gluing them back together as a kid! Lol

just ben
08-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Never had any but Lucky for me my sister had every Barbie you could think of. Unfortunately for her, many of them didn't make it.

El Camexican
08-02-2014, 01:27 AM
Never had any but Lucky for me my sister had every Barbie you could think of. Unfortunately for her, many of them didn't make it.

Yea, my Big Jim used to beat up Ken and have his way with my sister's Barbie dolls. When that was over I'd get out the scissors and give them hair cuts. I may have invented "Butch Barbie", but they never caught on.

What about those cars with the heavy wheel in the middle that you would spin up with a plastic pull stick? SSP, SPT, or SST? I can't remember, but those things flew. Anyone still got one?

El Camexican
08-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Found them! You younger guys have no idea what kind of fun you missed out on if you never played with one of these. They were insanely fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X7hdyTPeIY

6speedthumper
08-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Ha! I think I actually had one of those SSP cars!

El Camexican
08-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Ha! I think I actually had one of those SSP cars!

To be certain you did go look around the edges of your parents hallway for signs of damage to the sheet rock.

6speedthumper
08-02-2014, 10:43 PM
To be certain you did go look around the edges of your parents hallway for signs of damage to the sheet rock.\

Wish I could, but, that house was torn down 14 years ago! Lol. I can't be certain if I myself had one, or if someone I knew, as a kid, had one. Either way, I remember playing with one when I was a kid. And, yes, it was fast!! Hard to mistaken, or forget, that noise!

MRSOUND
08-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Found them! You younger guys have no idea what kind of fun you missed out on if you never played with one of these. They were insanely fast.

I had them! I had the smash up derby cars. It was an orange car and blue station wagon I think that came with 2 ramps. They had snap on pieces that flew off when they hit each other or any other object. Great fun until you loose all the pieces that flew off. LOL We'd switch off playing with them and racing our hot wheels down the old orange track on my parents front porch.
Just found a YouTube link to what I had!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aBxw-EJiLQ

coolpool
08-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Never had the smash cars, but definitely had the SSP cars. Old houses had tough baseboards and solid core doors, remember. Ah the orange hot wheel tracks, great fun and made an awesome whack sound when swung at your siblings, lol.

redsox
08-04-2014, 07:30 PM
i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure they made an evil knievel version that i had. heavy and fast. hallway damage for sure. anyone else remember that? maybe a bit later than 72'.

El Camexican
08-04-2014, 10:42 PM
i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure they made an evil knievel version that i had. heavy and fast. hallway damage for sure. anyone else remember that? maybe a bit later than 72'.

Yep, they did. That one my folks did NOT want me to have. Wonder why:wondering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYwXAXw5WYE

6speedthumper
08-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Lol, these toys are toys. Not like the cr@p they are putting out today.

350for350
08-09-2014, 11:40 PM
What? They still make toys? I thought kids just played with their $400 smart phones. Said sarcastically with a little bit of seriousness.

6speedthumper
08-09-2014, 11:49 PM
What? They still make toys? I thought kids just played with their $400 smart phones. Said sarcastically with a little bit of seriousness.

How true, how true