PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 86 250sx, super excited, have a few questions

Don 86 250sx
08-06-2014, 11:37 AM
I had a 110 Kawasaki when I was a kid, ran it into the ground. Bought some 4 wheelers but have always wanted another trike. Wanted the biggest one that still had the auto clutch, and found this 250sx. $640 bucks. Only started with kick start when I bought it, no power to the front switches, no headlight. I couldn't figure out why, found no power to the black wire under the headlight where it tees off. I ran a fused jumper from the battery to this site, and now the elec starter works and so does the headlight. I changed all the fluids, and taped up a rip in the swing arm boot, recently ordered a new one.

The suspension seems weak, I am 6'5" and 260 lbs, might be that or age. Can the rear spring tension be increased or swapped out? It is on the highest setting now.

After searching the board, I found I want to go with the 23 7 10 front tire on the 10x5 wheel, and 22 11 10 rear tires on 9 3+6 wheels.

What is the best front and rear tires for drifting? I have 4 wheelers for trails, want something to have fun with.

Keepah Rolln
08-06-2014, 04:01 PM
The sx's are nice all around machines. Don't think you will be able to do much at all for drifting this machine unless you have bald tires on snow or mud.. They get really good traction and are geared low.

jakep53
08-07-2014, 05:03 AM
250sx isn't really the best drifting machine with a 3 wheeler you need constant power while drifting as soon as you run out of power you're going over!!