PDA

View Full Version : Atc110 won't run good without choke on?

3wheelers
08-07-2014, 07:07 PM
I have an 85 110. I bought a cheap Chinese carb for $25 on eBay, it was for my ATC70, but didn't fit it. It did fit my 110 though. I put it on my 110 and started it up, got it idoling perfectly. Then I took it for a ride, and without the choke on, it Boggs down beyond like 60% throttle. If I put the choke on, it runs great and you can full throttle it all you want. I thought it wasn't getting enough air, so I turned the choke off, then disconnected the air box. And it ran great! So I took the air cleaner out of the box and hooked the air box back up. It still Boggs down at 60%+ throttle. What can I do to fix this? I don't like running with the choke on. The carb is brand new, so it doesn't need to be cleaned. What can I do that will make it run good without the choke on? I want to leave the airbox attached. I've messed with the air fuel mixture, it didn't help. Let me know what you think I should do, thanks! Oh and I just thought, maybe the carb is too small for the 110? It's about the same size, just the throttle valve is smaller.

badass350x
08-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Did you clean it before using? Its starving for more fuel,, clean the carb really good and pay special attention to your jets especially you're main jet, otherwise you will need to jet up!

90guy
08-07-2014, 11:27 PM
X2 on fuel starvation. If you have cleaned your carb make sure the oring on the back of it is in good shape. And the insulator is installed correctly. When you have it idiling spray some carb cleaner around the intake and the carb to see if you can find the air leak.

iTaylor
08-12-2014, 11:01 PM
Also try moving the clip on the needle down so it can let in more fuel at Full open throttle

350for350
08-15-2014, 10:21 PM
If it was "for" a 70, then it's probably not jetted for a 110. I say bigger jets.