PDA

View Full Version : Atc 200 not starting

Dan123196
08-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi I just bought a atc 200 and I went to use it today and it started right up and it rode good in first gear and when I shifted into the next gear it just shut off and now I can't get it to start anyone know what's wrong? Thanks

350for350
08-09-2014, 08:31 PM
The first thing to do is make sure there's gas in the tank and it's getting to the carb. It sounds stupid, but things do happen or there could be some gunk not letting gas get through. Then make sure it has spark, if not, try a new spark plug. If still nothing, this is when I recommend buying a manual. You can find one on Clymers.com or on ebay. A manual will help you with a lot of other things too.

Dan123196
08-09-2014, 10:01 PM
The first thing to do is make sure there's gas in the tank and it's getting to the carb. It sounds stupid, but things do happen or there could be some gunk not letting gas get through. Then make sure it has spark, if not, try a new spark plug. If still nothing, this is when I recommend buying a manual. You can find one on Clymers.com or on ebay. A manual will help you with a lot of other things too.
Ok thanks I will try this tomorrow

cap
08-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Start with the basics.
Does it have spark?
Gas? Gas petcock on? Gas to carb?
Fuel cap vent open? Vent plugged?
These have to be answered to move on to more in depth troubleshooting.

Dan123196
08-10-2014, 02:11 AM
Start with the basics.
Does it have spark?
Gas? Gas petcock on? Gas to carb?
Fuel cap vent open? Vent plugged?
These have to be answered to move on to more in depth troubleshooting.

Ok I will check everything tomorrow and let you guys know thanks