PDA

View Full Version : Home Invasion,,he's not laughing now...

atc007
08-10-2014, 08:03 AM
A neighbor maybe 2 miles up the road. Been retired for about 8 years. Just came into a TON of money. Life is good,he's got his health back after some real bad fights,,,Penn DOT worker all his life,smoked 2 packs a day for a long time. Clear bill of health ATM.. Anyhow, He has always razzed the crap out of my buddy and I for " Being ready for WW3" And our "arsenals", cameras, alarms,security systems etc.. We live out in the sticks. He is along the main artery to town. We are not. Last week,he and his wife were watching tv in the evening. Mind you,,he is on the "main road" for around here. But has zero neighbors,and the home is surrounded by cows in the pasture.. He hears noises outside. Shirtless scumbag is outside trashing his Wifes brand new Subaru. When the lights come on. It heads straight for him at the front door. He shuts and locks the door,grabs his 12 ga,which is unloaded because of Granddkids coming and going. It's staring right through the door,right through him,All the while he is loading shells into his 12 ga,screaming for it to GTF out of here. It continues breaking the brand new storm door off the home and gets the glass to start cracking,then finally leaves. Now, you can judge me all you want. But,I would have been filling out papers exactly HOW I had killed this zombie. But he got very lucky.. Turns out,it was high on bath salts,wandering from a town about 45 minutes from here. Neighbor called the State Police,and they apprehended him . Took 2 very big troopers and a long struggle to cuff it.

Cops told my neighbor he had really screwed up,should have shot him at the front door. They said they have emptied their pistols into these things and had them keep coming.All I can think of are these Ridiculous,ludicrous,stupid Zombie games "people" play.. It's here.... Real life.. My Neighbor is shaken beyond anything I have ever seen. This man has looked death in the eye fighting his health issues from smoking, MANY times.Lost family and friends,, This FD him up!! So, next AM ,he's off to the gun dealer.. A little shook up?? Yes!,,Didn't even think to call me or my buddy. Comes home with a 9mm and a els lock box. I said,oh cute! He looks at me.:wondering I said,,when you go deer hunting this fall,are you taking the 9mm hunting? Well,no?.. I said,so you're going out to KILL the deer? Well,yes. But,,you just wanna scare/piss off an intruder who wants to harm you and your family? He's drowning in :wondering:crazy:.. Well, what would you do? To quote my buddy, Mossberg 12 gauge,6 or 8 round clip,18in barrel,00 buckshot. .33 little balls spraying everywhere,,through walls. It don't care,,it just wants to KILL :) You always hear,,I kept firing,he kept coming. You never hear,damn,I shot him too dead,,he's like 2 or 3 times deader than he needs to be...12 ga,By God gets the job done :). I never in my wildest dreams thought it would be this close,and this real. But it is. Put yourself in his shoes. How will you protect YOUR family? Just food for thought :)

sledcrazyinCT
08-10-2014, 09:18 AM
I've only seen one MSM program on this unregulated bath salt drug craze. As soon as one ingredient gets added to the Federal GOVT regulated list the foreigners selling this crap in the US just change that one ingredient and are free to continue sending this crap in by the pallet load with no US regulation or over site of its distribution in America.

I don't get the whole zombie fascination either but there is a following

DohcBikes
08-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Agreed. 9mm is a pea shooter. I prefer my 12 guage for at the ready home defense, but the p90 Ruger stacked with 11 spiral cut hollow points is also a favorite. Unfortunately I know from experience, it only takes 1.

Thorpe
08-10-2014, 11:25 AM
My top 3 favorite HD pieces, "The Bit*h" which is nasty pellet gun, wrist rocket, and ninja throwing stars... Recoil will never be felt in that type of situation.

tripledog
08-10-2014, 06:09 PM
I live amidst hundreds of acres of farmland. The other night at about 11pm, I heard a knock on the door. Mind you, I was at my computer next to a window that overlooks my 450+ foot long driveway. This a-hole rolled up in the dark with his headlights off... I never saw him pull up. When I answered the door, there was a drunk little guy and his friend (I know them both) that said they were going to drink beer with me. I told them otherwise, and they made a hasty retreat to the lower half of my driveway where they stayed for about 10 minutes. I didn't go out after them, because they may have had weapons and been drunk enough to use them. All I have is a Ruger 10/22 and some older small caliber rifles. Looks like I need to get a shotgun...

atc007
08-10-2014, 07:37 PM
That's just it,,my buddy was thinking this thing,,,sorry,,I don't even consider them human. I know that is wrong, I know they are and they have all sorts of issues they're trying to numb...But he had convinced himself it was probably not alone,and there would be more. Armed,or not he didn't know..This messed him up bad..Saw him tonight,he's doing much better.. He got a entry 12 ga,,I said I think that fancy flashlight and laser just lets the bad guy see where you are. But every circumstance is different.

6speedthumper
08-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Crazy world we live in. In the past year, my pop and I have bought 7 guns. Two Chiappa .22 pistols (just for plinking and varmints), a .22 revolver for the same purpose, a .357 Mag revolver, a Ruger 10/22 rifle, a Browning 9mm (380 auto), and a Savage 110E bolt action 30-06. I already had a Remington 1100 shotty. I want to be prepared for the a-holes out there...

Chopsaw
08-10-2014, 10:42 PM
I have well over 10k in guns and ammo . My first line of defense is a German Shepherd Dog .

atc007
08-11-2014, 07:45 AM
My buddy has over 36000 rounds and 56 guns lmao.... And provisions to reload at least 3-4 thousand more.. And shoots them round to keep them fresh! yeah,,he's a little different :) :)

tripledog
08-11-2014, 07:52 AM
I have well over 10k in guns and ammo . My first line of defense is a German Shepherd Dog .

I actually need to defend my dogs. The four of them combined don't tip the scales at 40 pounds, but oh, the ankles they can maim! But they do alert me if someone is on my property. I still think I need a shotgun.

Bren_downe
08-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Bath salts used to be real popular around here. I don't get it, I've done my fair share of partying, and not once have I heard a story about bath salts that make me go " hmm… I'd like to try that."

People killing they're own children, pulling out their own teeth. Etc
Crazy bad stuff…

Caminofeld
08-11-2014, 07:15 PM
We see bath salt cases on almost a weekly basis come into the ED. Typically they present like PCP, LSD, and Meth all porked and had a mutant baby...AKA SEVERE psychosis/hallucinations, superhuman strength, and crazy hyper with dangerously high heart rates (usually close to 200). All we can do is restrain them and give sedatives until they come down...and when they do they typically sleep for hours and sometimes have rhabdo (where products of muscle breakdown from severe overuse clog up the kidney and cause it to fail. Sad thing is that most of the cases are teenagers who just thought they would get a pot-like high.

I have mixed emotions on this because I did all kinds of stupid things when I was a teenager; and had it not been for quite a few forgiving souls I'd probably be in jail. However, in dealing with the dregs of humanity on a regular basis and not having blinders on to violent crime, I would have undoubtedly pulled the trigger on that person who attacked your neighbor. Even though things turned out fine, there was no telling what his intentions were, if he was armed, or if he had others with him. In being the last line of defense between him and my family, there would have been no hesitation to reduce the threat, barricade, and activate the 911 system.

I don't know why everyone thinks a pistol is the best thing for self defense. IMHO with a "typical" home invasion scenario (single presumed threat) a shotgun will always be the best line of defense (after the initial line of defense, which is to prevent the crime in the first place by making your property less vulnerable...for example locking doors and windows, alarms, lights on when away, dogs, etc.). The "typical" home invasion takes place at night, and you are not going to be accurate if you are panicked, coming out of a deep sleep, or both. Also, a bullet will usually travel through more than one wall and maybe even into a neighbor's house. IMHO the best part of a shotgun for home defense is that when a burglar hears a commanding voice followed by a shotgun racking they may think twice and leave before lethal force is necessary.

It would be stupid of me to post specifics online for the world to see, so I won't ever spill the beans about what dangers lurk for thieves within my humble abode or what weaponry I possess...but rest assured that an intruder wouldn't stand a chance. If you're shopping around for HD weaponry, a tactical pump shotgun with folding stock and flashlight is a great start...and if you like the pistol aspect you may want to consider The Judge with .410 rounds. I could ramble all day, but it's dinner time. Everyone be blessed and safe, and ATC007 I'm glad to hear your neighbor is alright.

Caminofeld
08-11-2014, 07:23 PM

This works too...

ironchop
08-11-2014, 07:55 PM
A guy down the road from me got hit in a daylight home invasion and the robber knew he would be armed so he shot him at the front door in the thigh with a 44. Demanded he open the safe, which he did, upon where he pulled his loaded AK4)7 underfolder from the safe and killed the robber. He damn near died twice. ICU for a month and five additional for rehab. Major arteries were destroyed. He did live and the intruder did not.

People would be smart to take major precaution, however listing it on the net might be discouraged. I think the.Gov already has enough extensive personal info on each one of us already as it is.

atc007
08-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Great post Camino. The only other bath salt story that pops to mind was actually my Sisters next door neighbor. He was on the salts bad,everyone knew it.. Well,,, one night, He got all bathed up. Jumped in his Ford F250 and proceeded to tear down his home,,with his Wife and Daughter inside. Not funny till you know No one was harmed,,physically. He started with the front porch.. It was a beautiful 28x 60 doublewide,with a full width front porch. He started at the East corner,,he got that down with not too much trouble. He then moved to the West end and worked at that awhile. It proved to be much sturdier. So,he switched it up by trying to ram in the center of the porch ,trying to get in the front door. By now,, His Wife had safely fled with their Daughter across the field to the neighbors. The center of the porch proved to be more than he could get done . So,he went down around back and started dismantling the basement. This ruptured the radiator. So,he went back up front and worked at the porch. When he was done,or the truck was actually done. He had the porch and a good part of the living room and dining room opened right up. It was a little funny as sad as it was. He had a great work ethic. He really intended to get this job done.. The truck sat in the dining room for about 4 days till they came in and tore everything down..The kicker?? He was a state trooper informant in too deep... He truly helped clean that neighborhood up. I hope he's doing much better these days...

ironchop
08-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Bath salts used to be real popular around here. I don't get it, I've done my fair share of partying, and not once have I heard a story about bath salts that make me go " hmm… I'd like to try that."

People killing they're own children, pulling out their own teeth. Etc
Crazy bad stuff…

Yeah the stuff we did when I was younger was pretty hardcore but nothin like that stuff. PCP maybe but nothing else. Its hard to believe the War on Drugs back then has led to folks finding new and more hideous things to smoke, snort, and inject........Yay for Society!

Kids down here are dying of heroin ODs and Synthetic Pot.

tripledog
08-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Bath salts were good for their intended use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVf1lClfBng