PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams...

6speedthumper
08-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Hard to wrap my head around it. I grew up on this great man's work, and feel as though I have lost a friend. A complete shock to learn of his death...

just ben
08-11-2014, 08:28 PM
I just learned of his death about 2 mins. ago. Very sad to hear as I was a fan also.

hoosierlogger
08-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Wtf? What happened? I likes his intelegent design bit the best.

6speedthumper
08-11-2014, 09:57 PM
They are suspecting suicide by asphyxiation.

90guy
08-11-2014, 10:22 PM
I saw this on the news and couldn't believe what I had saw. I thought it was a joke like a bunch of other stuff I had seen about fake deaths. I grew up with his work and appreciate it all. He will surely be missed. RIP Robin Williams

El Camexican
08-11-2014, 10:40 PM
What a waste. I was there when Mork from Ork landed on our TV screen. He was funny as h*ll.

So how the heck does a guy with no financial concerns who can have most any woman he wants get depressed enough to kill himself while 99% of the world gets up every morning and battles it out to scrape by and if there's a couple beers and a day off at the end of the week feel like they've got it made? I just don't get it.

tripledog
08-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Depression can attack anyone. The trick is trying to keep it from destroying you. Speaking from experience here. Having said that, RIP, MORK. You will be missed but not forgotten.

Trike_crazy
08-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Depression and a recent trip to a rehabilitation center. Battling alcoholism and drug use. I guess when you have everything you could ask for that kind of stuff happens to you. BUT there is no reason to take your own life.

Bren_downe
08-11-2014, 11:46 PM
It truly is sad.
I still can't get over the fact he was only 63! He looked 63 for the last 20 years.

Dave Little
08-12-2014, 01:20 AM
So how the heck does a guy with no financial concerns who can have most any woman he wants get depressed enough to kill himself while 99% of the world gets up every morning and battles it out to scrape by and if there's a couple beers and a day off at the end of the week feel like they've got it made? I just don't get it.
Money is only there to make us work harder, yet choose no wiser.

fordnut79@hotma
08-12-2014, 06:35 AM
nanu nanu, RIP

Mosh
08-12-2014, 07:00 AM
What a waste. I was there when Mork from Ork landed on our TV screen. He was funny as h*ll.

Some people are so rich.....all they have is money....
Some people are so poor....all they have is a good time.

I was also a fan

6speedthumper
08-12-2014, 08:11 AM
nanu nanu, RIP

Well said...

Ghostv2
08-12-2014, 08:21 AM
Courtney love strikes again.

atc300r
08-12-2014, 12:31 PM
I found out lastnight.He will be missed. Myself my wife and sons are huge fans. I remember the first time I saw Mork (Robin Williams)on the TV show Happy Days.

redsox
08-12-2014, 01:40 PM
when i was a kid, the last four of the phone number of my dads mechanic shop were 9090. in the heyday of mork and mindy, he'd get fifty hang-ups a day where people just said, nanu nanu, laughed, and hung up. pretty funny, when you're 7. anyway, its sad. Club Paradise is one of my all-time unknown classic favorites. Also, in "Good Morning Vietnam" which was entertaining if you could get by the leftist undertones, i love the line "What does 3 up and 3 down mean to you" "end of an inning." perfect comic timing wise-ass response. subtle. love it.

6speedthumper
08-12-2014, 02:36 PM
He certainly was a lively person. One of only a few people I would have really enjoyed meeting...

atc007
08-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Thank God I cannot speak from experience. But mental illness is the real deal they say. It is beyond anything I can fathom. He did a TON for the military. He kept right on doing his USO shows WHILE being shelled. Great man. R.I.P.

bkm
08-13-2014, 02:34 AM
Man, this one hits home pretty hard. I'm here to tell you depression is nothing to take lightly.

phantombiker
08-13-2014, 05:09 AM

money isnt everything. deffinatelty cant buy happpieness...not to mention the cameras that always followed...everytime he left the house or made it into town. or possibly childhood stuff that haunted him. all kinds of possibilities.

phantombiker
08-13-2014, 05:27 AM
i love the line "What does 3 up and 3 down mean to you" "end of an inning." perfect comic timing wise-ass response. subtle. love it.

i hate ocd...his response was "end of an ending"...no disrespect, bro

i love his movies...hook, jumaji, patch adams, gmv, rv...let alone his stand up comedy. i grew up with mork and mindy and loved it. he was/is/and always will be a natural comedian to make people of all ages and creates laugh!! love u robin williams..u made my childhood a happy one!!! r.i.p.!!

bkm
08-13-2014, 08:16 AM
No, it was "end of an inning", like a baseball inning. Three batters up, three batters down.

phantombiker
08-14-2014, 06:37 PM
No, it was "end of an inning", like a baseball inning. Three batters up, three batters down.

makes sense...i'll have to check it out. thx, bro...mark

slashfan7964
08-14-2014, 07:04 PM
His wife has made public that he was in the early stages of developing Parkinson's disease which can cause severe depression. He told no one.

6speedthumper
08-14-2014, 08:50 PM
i love his movies...hook, jumaji, patch adams, gmv, rv...let alone his stand up comedy. i grew up with mork and mindy and loved it. he was/is/and always will be a natural comedian to make people of all ages and creates laugh!! love u robin williams..u made my childhood a happy one!!! r.i.p.!!

This is exactly how I feel. I said it before, and I'll say it again; I feel as though I lost a friend.

He seemed like a very genuine person, something that most people are lacking. Watched a tribute to him today, and he said something that was genuine and from his heart, "you bust your ass working, but, you do it for loved ones, so it's all good." Said it with a smile on his face, and it put one on mine.

His wife has made public that he was in the early stages of developing Parkinson's disease which can cause severe depression. He told no one.

I read about this today, too. Very sad. Can't say I'd make the same decision as him, but, in a way, I can almost understand why he made it. The human mind is still very much a mystery.

hoosierlogger
08-14-2014, 09:53 PM
It makes you wonder how someone with enough money that they could buy anything they desire could get depressed. Well I understand that after you have enough that you can have whatever you want, that nothing is special any more. There are people out there that work their ass off all week to get paid on Friday and only have enough left to buy a 6 pack. To those folks that 6 pack is the greatest thing that happened all week.

tri again
08-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Just a couple thoughts, no disrespect intended.
From the stories I've heard...when people get slammed, through no choice of their own, they see the light and granny or someone else says to "Go Baaaack". and they float back into their bodies...accident scene or operating table.
"they say" when we try to take ourselves out, it is Not beautiful but maybe the origins of hell visions. Lots of good info on this.
I've thought, why? with $ in the bank?
who's gonna clean up the mess?
I would plan a fishing trip and just disappear, but who is thinking clearly.
How would the kids sell this house if that happened?
Sorry to be so blunt and they also say that if people are depressed, ask them if they have a plan and then get serious about some kind of intervention.

Robin, the genius, had to be pulled in many directions at once.
I even saw him say on an interview that he was on 'everything but roller skates'.
With drugs, we'd see baaaad problems when people mixed stuff.
(rock medicine, concert doctor stuff)
Single chemicals were much easier to deal with.

and yes, depression aint no freakin' joke and ez to miss clues.

phantombiker
08-26-2014, 02:10 AM
sucks either way, imo...the man was great at what he did.

mark