PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson, Racism, Freedom, etc. wrapped up in one intelligent, common sense article

Scootertrash
08-23-2014, 05:09 PM
I'm certain almost everyone here will find something in this article that they won't like to hear, but I think this guy hit the nail on the head.

http://www.ivymikecafe.com/2014/08/21/ferguson-when-assholes-collide-2/

DohcBikes
08-23-2014, 05:30 PM
The War on Drugs will continue unabated, ensuring that the lucrative black market will lure in the young black males to earn a living. They will continue to kill each other over turf. They will continue to commit crimes. They will be caught up into the legal system and be eaten alive.Amen.

Drop the marxist indoctrination and teach real skills. Actual civics on representative republics. Lots of math. Basic bookkeeping and economics. Real grammar and communication skills. Stop shitting on the Constitution and Declaration of Independence and show the kids how the defense of their individual rights and the individual rights of others are the keys to their prosperity. Equip these kids with the knowledge to know when their local and federal governments are enslaving them so they can throw off the yokes and be free. I know, it will never happen in government schools, but you at least have to try.

End the War on Drugs. Prohibition failed in the 1920s. So has this. Legalize the poison, tax it, and spend the money on rehab. Enough of this. Malum in se > malum prohibitum.

Prohibit SWAT/SRT from being used on any administrative law issue, regulatory issue, or search warrant. Preservation of life should be the decision point for deployment of these teams in ending a hostage rescue, stopping a spree shooter, or apprehending a verified violent felon. Narrow the mission and keep it narrow.Halleluja.

Abolish the federal tax code and the IRS. You want economic prosperity? Let the people of Ferguson start their own businesses, set the wages for their employees, and sell what there’s a market for without gobs of regulatory overhead and compliance costs. Free people don’t ask the governments for permission to make a living. Pursuit of happiness and all that.Where has this guy been all my life.

Stop the bastardy and build families. Strong men are not raised in women-only households. This has to come from black America to black America. And that’s all I have to say about that.That's all that needs said about that. Get your shlt together my 'hittas'.

Learn to defend the individual rights of people you hate. Paradoxical, no? This my friends, is the crux of freedom. I’ll be honest. In my head I’ve choked out 40% of my fellow Americans because I think they are vapid, brain-dead, collectivist tools that have squandered their freedom for the illusion of security by centralized government. From reading the media they put out, they’ve already got me lined up for a bullet in the back of the head NKVD-style because I love my freedom, guns, and whiskey, and find illegitimate any vote to strip me of any of those or related things, no matter how “democratic” the process was.Preach on, Brother...

Hate me. Hate all you want for these, but do not try to outlaw me for not thinking like you do. Or else.

El Camexican
08-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Great read, thanks!

6speedthumper
08-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Despite how you feel about a person, people, a certain group of people, etc... doesn't mean you can't still be a good person to, or towards them.

Thorpe
08-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Wow... He says it like it is... I dig that, enough to forward the link! Thanks for the read scoot!

6speedthumper
08-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Wow... He says it like it is... I dig that

Honesty is the best policy.

Caminofeld
08-24-2014, 08:48 AM
Just a few more concerning media quotes from this AM...

"Police were criticized for mass arrests and use of heavy-handed tactics and military gear, which was widely seen as stoking an already volatile situation.

President Barack Obama has ordered a review of the distribution of military hardware to state and local police, a senior administration official said on Saturday."

Really? I thought there was a difference between a real grenade and a tear gas one...and did anyone stop to think that if the Police had wiffle ball bats and teddy bears that the angry mob probably would have overrun them...last I checked those Police Officers were taking gunfire, being hit with rocks and bottles, and even had molotov cocktails thrown at them...all LETHAL...and if my mind serves me correctly the Police only used NON-LETHAL deterrents to disperse the crowd. Doesn't sound to "heavy handed" to me...

"The White House also announced that three presidential aides would attend Brown's funeral on Monday."

Why?

" Holder recalled being pulled over twice on the New Jersey Turnpike and accused of speeding."

I've been pulled over for speeding too, Mr. AG...

Also, I've been wondering what would happen if the Officer is found not guilty...if you live near a major city, might be a good time to gather some necessary supplies and make a plan.

Scootertrash
08-24-2014, 08:49 AM
YAA......warm...flaky....toaster strudel !!!.....has about as much common sense as that !!! Take away weapons from da cops to do what ?.....even the playing field ?....varm.....flaky.... idiots ! More black cops in black neighborhoods ?.......i cut you some scratch on da rebound blood ! Can`t we all get along........NO......more laws , more cops , more gov. , more Al , more Jessie .....FA-Q ! Last time i checked it`s pretty hard on white people too......i want to riot in the sunshine......not the rain ....varm.....FLAKIER !!!:crazy::crazy::eek::crazy::crazy: YAA

Where does it say anything about disarming the cops? :wondering

briano
08-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Is there any crap happening like this when a black cop kills a white man? NO. It's only when a white man kills a black, no matter the circumstance, the racist card is pulled out. Instead of having to bring in military backup, drop in a crate full of guns with one bullet in them, the rioting crowd will take care of itself, then go back in and pick up the guns.

Scootertrash
08-24-2014, 11:09 AM
It`s that third paragraph below the swat team pic..... my point is if you can`t own an automatic weapon the cops should`nt either ? Like you said can`t agree with everything but at least he gave recommendations ! The home invasion video.......nice job....too bad the bad guys were not home.....if the kid hates the cops.....TFB !!!

point taken, but to me there is a difference between disarming the cops and "If they can have them I should too". In Minnesota and some other states ownership of fully automatic weapons is legal, I'm not sure where the blogger is from. Criminals, if they can find them or alter semiautomatic weapons to function like full automatics, will have automatic weapons whether there are laws against those firearms or not.

I agree with your "if the kid hates the cops" comment. The cops wouldn't be there if it wasn't for the people committing crimes out of that home.

El Camexican
08-24-2014, 12:40 PM
I have to (gulp) agree with Glamy on that point. Cops often have to bust through reinforced steel doors and their aren't kids sucking on lollypops on the other side. There needs to be a "walk softly, but carry a big stick" policy, or American cops will face the slaughter that our military did the first few years of the war with the narcos down here. I was sickening, they would call our version of 911 and ambush them on the way in. The body counts after a gun fight were typically 80% good guys 20% bad guys for a couple years. Now its the other way around that's to better training and fire power.

As far as what color a cop should be in an area lowering the standards is NOT a good plan. No one can tell me there are no smart honest black people that can be cops, but those hard working folks have already been scooped up to fill positions created by employers needing to make minority quotas and the kids growing up in most "black" areas are raised to hate the popo, not aspire to be one.

That all said check out this guy: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/devon-clunis-sworn-in-as-winnipeg-police-chief-1.1227693

This guy went to school with my brother-in-law and is a church friend of my parents. Unfortunately (for ya'll) he's Canadian and has a rotten police union to deal with, but none the less he is the poster child for growing up in a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro area surrounded by gangs and under achievers and not letting it ruin his life and he did NOT get the job because of his colour.

6speedthumper
08-24-2014, 02:36 PM
It's an extremely fine line. Probably one that the cops cross all too often. However, the criminals aren't using BB guns, and, I suppose charging in full force has become the norm so if anyone gets shot, or killed, it's more likely to be a bad guy then a cop. Simply from the surprise advantage, and even the fear they instill in the criminals they are raiding.

I'm no cop, but I'm good friends with one, and have had many conversations with several officers that have come into the shop to know that there are a lot of unstable, do or die people out there, and often times one cop and a service pistol are not enough to stop.

In my opinion, cops would be respected more if they would not be so ticket happy. Now, yes, there are many instances where people are deserving of a ticket. However, not everyone needs to be given a ticket, that I think everyone will agree upon. This is especially bad in the town I work in. We have, state, local, county, and two police forces that belong to the two colleges. So there are 5 police forces policing that town. You can't fart without a cop giving you a ticket there, that's how bad it is. I can't tell you how many stories I've heard of college students, walking home from the local college bar, and getting arrested for drunk in public when all they were doing is walking home. No pissing on the sidewalk, not damaging personal property, not harassing anyone, no acting out... Just walking. There are many more "stories" I could share, but, I think I got my point across.

Bottom line is, discretion is the better part of valor. If they would exercise some discretion in day to day dealing with the public, I feel that the relationship between police and citizens would be better. I'm sure that this is different in other people's areas. But, in mine, it would certainly help things. Most around here are walking robots. Many of those "robots" seem to be the state police. From what I've heard from several officers is that those who join the state police are kind of brainwashed when they go through training.

I'd like to hear the opinions of others here.

Scootertrash
08-24-2014, 03:49 PM
I have 2 neighbors that are cops, 1 is a swat sniper and one of my wifes GF just graduated from cop school (not sure of the proper term ;P)

ETA:TO BE CLEAR: Fully automatic weapons or "machine guns" are guns that shoot more than one bullet with a single pull of the trigger (as in hold the trigger down and it keeps firing.) The "automatics" that we buy today are in reality semi-automatics: One bullet per squeeze of the trigger, no matter how long you hold the trigger down yer only gettin one bullet.

I think that cops should be well armed. As I stated above; gang bangers, thugs, cartels, and criminals already have fully automatic weapons thru the black market and don't obey the laws restricting those fully automatic weapons. Now I do have to say I see very very few incidents involving fully automatic weapons against police in this country.

What the blogger is trying to say is that law abiding citizens should also be able to own the same weapons. NFA laws restrict the ownership of automatic weapons by citizens to machine guns manufactured before 1986. Newly manufactured full auto machine guns are only available to LE and the military. If a regular Joe wants to buy a machine gun you need to fill out a special form, go thru an extensive background check, in some states you need to get approval from your local law enforcement, and pay for a 200.00 tax stamp thaty you need to show any law enforcement should they stop by your range and see you shooting a fully automatic weapon. So you say you want an M16? Got $14,000?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=414466934

You know the gangbangers ain't buy legal machine guns. ;)

Caminofeld
08-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Well complain all you want about not having full auto, but in reality what are the benefits? The only time full auto would be useful is if you were in need of mowing down a crowd. A standard loadout is about 300 rounds or so, and even that is heavy. Anybody ever shot anything full auto? It takes only seconds to burn through a 30 rd mag. Suppressing fire can be achieved in semi, and in a urban combat situation there will usually be friends and foes intermingling...so controlled accurate fire is the name of the game. Ammo goes quicker than you think, so it's important to be conservative with your round expenditure...

Now, I think I just made my own point...Do the Police need the ability to mow down a crowd? Don't think so. My SWAT buddies NEVER use full auto in training...just when we go to the range for fun;) The most they'll ever work with are short, controlled bursts.

DohcBikes
08-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Anybody ever shot anything full auto? Shot a slide fire ar-15 today. Since you asked...

I also fired these weapons today,,,, .338 Lapua Magnum, SR9 Ruger, P95 Ruger with a 30 round clip, DPMS .308 Panther, DPMS ar-15 semi, Browning, Mossberg, and Remington 12 gauges. .22 revolver, 22lr. Just to brag a little.

Today was a good Sunday. God Bless America.

...Rode with Jman311 to the Annual Gary Carpenter Shoot. I'll post a thread with pics tomorrow. We certainly exercised our rights today :D

My uncle firing the ar w/ slide fire stock.

Ya, I really need fully automatic weapons. Because i'm a human and if i can build it then i can have it, and if i decide I need something I can make, then I dont care what you think about it!!!! We had a crew you wouldn't wanna screw around with today LOL!!! Naww, I'm just bein' serious.

Just remembered that I've also shot a full auto Saiga-12 with a 100 round drum. You cannot imagine the smile it will put on your face, or the absolute destruction it dishes out unless you shoot one yourself.

Scootertrash
08-25-2014, 06:41 AM
Being able to own full auto isn't about benefits, usefullness, or necessity or even the cost of ammo to run them. It's about freedom. If you are a law abiding citizen and have done nothing wrong to restrict your ownership of firearms, why should you be punished because of the few who choose to break the law?

And yes I have shot full auto and if it was a little more affordable I own one or two just for sh!ts and grins. Because in Minnesota I can.

Caminofeld
08-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Being able to own full auto isn't about benefits, usefullness, or necessity or even the cost of ammo to run them. It's about freedom. If you are a law abiding citizen and have done nothing wrong to restrict your ownership of firearms, why should you be punished because of the few who choose to break the law?.

I agree with you on that...and from what I know, some states allow this with the proper permits...which I think is the way it should be and wish all states worked that way. I just think that at a certain point there are things that should be tightly regulated to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands...just like ammonium nitrate fertilizer, ephedrine, etc. With all the mass shootings recently, I just don't think I'd feel comfortable if any Joe schmoe could walk into wal-mart and buy a full-auto AR with a drum mag. I concealed carry, but would be no match against someone with a weapon like that unless I had some sort of positional or incidental (reload, jam) advantage. I know I'll prob catch some flak for saying all that, but it's just how I feel.

What I was really getting at though is that Police have no reason to have full-auto weapons because; bar a Zombie apocalypse, there would be no need to ever mow down a crowd. Any miss could travel and kill a bystander, so controlled, accurate fire is where it's at from a LE standpoint. Other than that though, I see no problem with the current equipment available to most PD's. They should be equipped and trained with the best and most accurate tactical rifles in the event of another shootout like the one in LA, and always have access to body armor and additional resources. The key word is TRAINING. I'm not saying a patrol Officer should be walking around with an AR, but should have one in the trunk of his/her cruiser should they need it. SWAT is great, but they usually take over an hour to deploy (at least in Baltimore). I'm not sure where this sudden "de-militarize the Police" mentality came from, but maybe the Administration needs to look at recent events and re-think their perspective. Even the Reverend idiot Sharpton said "Most Cops are good Cops, we just need to weed out the bad apples"...prob the only thing he's ever said that I'll agree with...

fabiodriven
08-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Well complain all you want about not having full auto, but in reality what are the benefits? The only time full auto would be useful is if you were in need of mowing down a crowd. A standard loadout is about 300 rounds or so, and even that is heavy. Anybody ever shot anything full auto? It takes only seconds to burn through a 30 rd mag. Suppressing fire can be achieved in semi, and in a urban combat situation there will usually be friends and foes intermingling...so controlled accurate fire is the name of the game. Ammo goes quicker than you think, so it's important to be conservative with your round expenditure...

Now, I think I just made my own point...Do the Police need the ability to mow down a crowd? Don't think so. My SWAT buddies NEVER use full auto in training...just when we go to the range for fun;) The most they'll ever work with are short, controlled bursts.

There is little I can add to the actual subject at hand, however, I can speak to this. Camino is right. I carried a SAW (M249) and going by memory it's like 1300 rounds per minute or something? You do the math. My combat load was three 200 round drums and two barrels. If you didn't rotate the barrels in a situation of high usage, they would melt. I never had to use it enough to swap the barrel, but I saw a Bradley melt the barrel once on their cannon. If you've never fired fully auto, the rounds go a lot faster than you are imagining. Just mere seconds and a 200 round drum is gone. The noise is unreal with the SAW. That's 5.56 like the M16 or M4 or whatever as most of you know, it's not the hugest round, but when you fire it multiple times a second it will more than wake the neighbors. A thirty round clip would be gone out of an M16 in a very short hold on auto or just a couple of bursts. What the army taught us about the M16 is, one shot, one kill. That's a big slogan actually, and it's a very simple reason why our troops do so well in "traditional" gun battles with Hadji. You've all seen the videos of Hadji limp wristed, reaching around a wall with his non-dominant hand and not even looking, AK-47 jutting around wildly sending rounds in random directions. While dangerous, yes, this is not effective. Once Hadji takes a peek around the wall to see what he didn't hit you send one right between his eyes. Bang, done. The only time you "spray and pray" is in a full out assault. It's good for keeping someone's head down or mowing down crowds. I'm not educated enough yet to state my opinion on whether or not the police should have fully auto's in their arsenal, but right off I'm going with they should. In a "what if" situation, they do need to have the bigger guns to be the superior force. Shot guns are great, but if the bad guy can have fully auto it might be a good idea for the law to as well.

6speedthumper
08-25-2014, 08:53 PM
There is little I can add to the actual subject at hand, however, I can speak to this. Camino is right. I carried a SAW (M249) and going by memory it's like 1300 rounds per minute or something? You do the math. My combat load was three 200 round drums and two barrels. If you didn't rotate the barrels in a situation of high usage, they would melt. I never had to use it enough to swap the barrel, but I saw a Bradley melt the barrel once on their cannon. If you've never fired fully auto, the rounds go a lot faster than you are imagining. Just mere seconds and a 200 round drum is gone. The noise is unreal with the SAW. That's 5.56 like the M16 or M4 or whatever as most of you know, it's not the hugest round, but when you fire it multiple times a second it will more than wake the neighbors. A thirty round clip would be gone out of an M16 in a very short hold on auto or just a couple of bursts. What the army taught us about the M16 is, one shot, one kill. That's a big slogan actually, and it's a very simple reason why our troops do so well in "traditional" gun battles with Hadji. You've all seen the videos of Hadji limp wristed, reaching around a wall with his non-dominant hand and not even looking, AK-47 jutting around wildly sending rounds in random directions. While dangerous, yes, this is not effective. Once Hadji takes a peek around the wall to see what he didn't hit you send one right between his eyes. Bang, done. The only time you "spray and pray" is in a full out assault. It's good for keeping someone's head down or mowing down crowds. I'm not educated enough yet to state my opinion on whether or not the police should have fully auto's in their arsenal, but right off I'm going with they should. In a "what if" situation, they do need to have the bigger guns to be the superior force. Shot guns are great, but if the bad guy can have fully auto it might be a good idea for the law to as well.

Wish my bud was a member. He'd really enjoy this thread. Army infantry vet, Deployed in Afganastan, 240 gunner... Yeah, he'd like this thread very much.

Scootertrash
08-25-2014, 09:31 PM
The sad fact is all the laws and regulations in the world won't stop a sick or evil person from doing others harm if that is their intent.Remember that last college (?) shooting in Cali(?) a couple months ago. That guy took the classes required in Cali to pass the test required to get the permit to buy the weapons he wanted, annnnnnd he also waited the 10 days or whatever before he got his guns. This in in California, one of the most restrictive gun law states in the nation, and the nutcase still got his guns and started shooting.

Hell, look at the shootings over the 4th of July in Chicago. Another one of the most gun law laden states in the US and gangbangers are killing each othe left and right along with innocents.

Caminofeld
08-26-2014, 12:42 AM
, annnnnnd he also waited the 10 days or whatever before he got his guns. This in in California, one of the most restrictive gun law states in the nation.

ACTUALLY...I just read an article today where a CALIFORNIA [GASP!] Judge overturned the waiting period for people that already own a gun. Another step in the right direction, me likey:)

I was just saying that I appreciate the fact that there are tighter regulations on full-auto weapons than standard ones...and tighter ones on rocket launchers, grenades, and even tighter ones on bombs, and so on and so forth. Where do we draw the line between restricted and illegal? Lots of grey area there...

Caminofeld
08-26-2014, 12:48 AM
I carried a SAW (M249) and going by memory it's like 1300 rounds per minute or something?

Duuuuuuuuude, F*** yeah!!!

Had the pleasure of paying a TON of money to shoot a Ma Deuce and a M240 Bravo last time I was out west while my other friends blew their cash on hookers and gambling and hookers...They all made fun of me for it, but you'll never catch the herps from a rifle:)

El Camexican
08-26-2014, 08:21 AM
2,000 dead in Chicago since Obama was inaugurated, 48 shootings there just last weekend... now imagine it on full auto.:lol: but seriously, I'll shut up now and let Darwinism keep doing it's thing.

DohcBikes
08-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Hey now there's a bit too much hand holding goin' on in this thread ain't there?.. This oughtta git ya'll riled up again....:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_icVWKO4_o

86T3
08-26-2014, 03:28 PM
I watched to the end of the first interview and saw all i need to see. 8 seconds was all it took for the first lie. Mike Brown was shot 6 times, this is backed by the police autopsy and the family's private autopsy. The second lie i caught was from mike's friend, he said mike was shot from behind. Both autopsies said all the bullets entered from the front. Im sure there was more lies in what little i saw but those are the two i know arent true. Try again dohc

El Camexican
08-26-2014, 04:01 PM
- To start it off (after just robbing a convenience store) an authority figure told them to get off the street (it’s called J walking and it’s a law) and they told the cops they were only a block from their destination? I wonder if that works for speeding too?
- Mr. Hair claims that the cop reached from a car window and grabbed a 6’-3” guy by the neck , so the officer had 5’ long arms?
- No mention of “Gentle” Mike busting the officers skull, guess that slipped his mind while he was thinking up all those big words for the camera.

tripledog
08-26-2014, 05:10 PM
2,000 dead in Chicago since Obama was inaugurated, 48 shootings there just last weekend... now imagine it on full auto.:lol: but seriously, I'll shut up now and let Darwinism keep doing it's thing.

Let it do what it do...

DohcBikes
08-26-2014, 05:45 PM
I watched to the end of the first interview and saw all i need to see. 8 seconds was all it took for the first lie. Mike Brown was shot 6 times, this is backed by the police autopsy and the family's private autopsy. The second lie i caught was from mike's friend, he said mike was shot from behind. Both autopsies said all the bullets entered from the front. Im sure there was more lies in what little i saw but those are the two i know arent true. Try again dohcThe interview was not the point at all.. it could have been missing from the video and it wouldn't have mattered to me. The video is about police militarization.

86T3
08-26-2014, 10:08 PM
It may have been, but i dont care to watch anybodies opinion if they cant get simple facts straight. A bad tree cant produce a good apple

czac
08-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Amen.

Halleluja.

Where has this guy been all my life.

That's all that needs said about that. Get your shlt together my 'hittas'.

Preach on, Brother...

Or else.

I couldn't agree more...

czac
08-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Just a few more concerning media quotes from this AM...

"Police were criticized for mass arrests and use of heavy-handed tactics and military gear, which was widely seen as stoking an already volatile situation.

President Barack Obama has ordered a review of the distribution of military hardware to state and local police, a senior administration official said on Saturday."

Really? I thought there was a difference between a real grenade and a tear gas one...and did anyone stop to think that if the Police had wiffle ball bats and teddy bears that the angry mob probably would have overrun them...last I checked those Police Officers were taking gunfire, being hit with rocks and bottles, and even had molotov cocktails thrown at them...all LETHAL...and if my mind serves me correctly the Police only used NON-LETHAL deterrents to disperse the crowd. Doesn't sound to "heavy handed" to me...

But wasn't it Obamas government who just gave a bunch of ex military equipment and tanks and armored vehicles to all these police forces just this year?

Isn't it also the same group of people (Liberal Democrats) who whole heartedly support the Militarization of the police? who in fact, support the police so much so that they have made statements such as "Americans don't need to arm themselves for protection, we have police and we have a military for that"

Now they are trying to flip it like they are going to look into why police are using such tactics? did the government jut, within the last year or so, stock pile millions and millions of rounds of Ammo? didn't each agency like the IRS and the DEP and even the EPA get issued weapons and tons of ammo? why? why do they need weapons and ammo? shoot up some non tax payers or shoot up someone who tries to build a house on some federal wet land or maybe a farmer whos letting his cows graze on federal land that no one is even using? Maybe they wanna shoot up some business owner whos pollution out put is higher than the government standards?

6speedthumper
08-27-2014, 11:33 AM
They talk about wanting to de-militarizing the police, meanwhile, they give military equipment to OTHER nations in unrest as aid. Yeah, sounds like the government.

JTHOMAS
08-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Life is short! Focus on the things we can fix! Like.....THREE WHEELERS.......

czac
08-28-2014, 04:37 PM
ya know if MB and this cop were home rebuilding a trike, this would never have happened!

JTHOMAS
08-28-2014, 04:56 PM
ya know if MB and this cop were home rebuilding a trike, this would never have happened! Give a man a ride on a trike and he happy for a day, sell a man a broken trike and it will keep him busy for a lifetime......just sayin...