PDA

View Full Version : Cracked 85 ATC 110 Frame

SprintNL
08-23-2014, 07:29 PM
I think I pull too many wheelies on my 110......

I was riding out at my friends property last night and after a couple hours of riding noticed that my ATC 110 seemed to be leaning A LOT to the left. This isn't too unusual as I have a slow leak in my left rear tire, but the front end seemed extremely loose and I had just filled up the tire not too long before that. I stopped and took out a flashlight and found that there was a small crack under the steering stem of the shifter side of the bike. My buddy was standing there and asked for the flashlight and shined in it on the same area of the brake side. This is what he saw

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/NLandrum5/unnamed.jpg

I don't think it is fixable especially with the way I ride the thing, which is abusive to put it nicely. Has anyone else cracked their frame like this? Now on to finding a frame or donor to get this fixed up so I can get back out on the trails! A quick question - from what I see this if I buy a frame it needs to be a 84-85. Is that correct? Also if anyone has a frame let me know, and if that is not OK to ask here I will edit this post.

SprintNL
08-25-2014, 01:22 PM
I found a frame in good condition so I should be able to begin the process of rebuilding this as soon as this weekend. I'll update this post with pictures and progress, and should be putting together a few videos as well. Can't wait to get riding again!