PDA

View Full Version : Need a ytm recoil

Sledder
08-24-2014, 09:33 PM
I got my first 3 wheeler, its a Yamaha tri moto 225 dx, I don't know the year. I got it for $100, cleaned the carb and it runs great. I'm having trouble with the recoil and would rather just buy a good used one rather than mess with it, because I know what a pain they are.

So, is there any place online that sells used parts? I've looked on eBay, but I feel like $100 is too much for a used recoil.

czac
08-25-2014, 11:36 AM
couldn't say but yeah, the prices on EBay are kind of ridicules for some stuff... that said, the guys selling them on Ebay may even be members here...lol oh well, HEY, YOUR PRICES ARE TOO HIGH!!! lol.. Id say just wait and see what pops up or even put a wanted ad up here.

wide'n'low
08-26-2014, 10:13 AM
the 225dx recoil is actually very easy to rewind/rebuild, not a huge pita like Hondas...... and the parts are generally cheaper than buying a full recoil assembly from ebay......
mine needed a new rope, tooth gear, and friction spring. cost me $32 from the Yamaha dealer.

Sledder
08-26-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm thinking I maybe just need a new sping but the recoil is going to a shop to get done. Its not that I cant do it, its that I've dealt with recoil springs before on snowmobiles and they are a PITA!!! If one of the PO didn't cut most of the wiring, i'd just get the electric start going.