PDA

View Full Version : 200x lower timing sprocket / gear

jonjunk
08-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Hey guys I am posting for the first time, Im 21 and live in central MN.
My brother and I own a 200x which has been great for the last 2 years since we bought it.

Now the timing chain has slipped because we never tightened it or knew it needed to be tightened, the chain is clearly worn out, Ive pulled the side cover and the CDI cover and now I see it clearly needs a new lower timing sprocket(teeth worn) which I have been unable to find anywhere online, I emailed MR.Twisted earlier today and waiting to see if he has one, also going to order a new cam chain and tensioner for the 200x.

-Anyone know were to find a lower timing gear?, also do I have to split the top end from the lower to replace either the chain or guide?

SUPERBEAST
08-25-2014, 12:41 AM
honda still sells the lower timing sprocket for the 83-85, you can find it on rocky mountain, other online places might be cheaper, i like ordering from rocky mountain because you get your package in a couple of days, its cheaper at service honda but they have slow shipping

you could just be able to remove the cylinder head to replace either tensioner and the lower tensioner bolt is behind the flywheel