PDA

View Full Version : 3 wheeler addiction!!!

atctrike
08-25-2014, 12:16 PM
I grew up on a Kawasaki KLT250 so I guess its reasonable that I would now have a renewed 3 wheeler fascination. Its really fun to drag these old things out of a weed row, put a little work into them and have a fun running machine with little time and expense (sometimes!)

My fire got started with an 81 Honda 200 that had the engine out of the frame that I scored for $150, had it running that night. Then I got an 84 Honda 200ES in rough shape (no plastics, basket case tank, etc...) for $100, powertrain was good so I got it running and riding, pretty sure that setup is gonna go on a chinese dune buggy, perfect with high/low and reverse!

I sold the cherry 81 200 for over double what I had in it and then put that towards the 85 Honda 350x I picked up, crazy fast & fun ride! I spent plenty on it ($1500) but it allegedly has a recent upper end, supposedly now 408cc, and the rear end rebuilt.

Just last week I ran across an non-running 84 Yamaha 225DX with a donor bike for $200 so I picked that up and its up and going already, just waiting on a throttle cable for it to be complete. (Check out the slick home made rear rack!)

Now I've got a line on a Kawasaki 110 trike a guy is gonna give me for free. I'm having a great time with these things!

SprintNL
08-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Nice trikes! I only have my ATC 110 at this time but I am constantly looking for good deals, although with a 1 car garage that has a 4x8 trailer and 5 motorcycles in it, space is a bit of a concern. That didn't stop me from messaging a couple guys about cheap 200x's this weekend, but they were both already gone by the time I got to them! I'll keep looking, to me nothing beats a three wheeler for having fun on the dirt.

tri again
08-25-2014, 04:28 PM
gotta keep cash on hand for the jump and run.
Trikes are getting harder to find.
quads get stuck here so I NEED trikes.
simply cannot live without them. no joke.

czac
08-26-2014, 08:58 AM
what throttle cable did you order for the YTM 225? I tried to order one off ebay and it came in backwards... the end that goes into the carb (small lead ball) was straight and had the connection for the thumb throttle and the end with the curved adjustment that would go to the carb had the huge led ball on it for the thumb throttle...lol it was like the cable was assembled backwards! I believe it was the Motion Pro cable

350for350
08-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Thread jack. So atc, where are you from? I live about 80 miles northwest of Hays.

atctrike
08-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Hey czac, I ordered the cheapest one on ebay for less than $15. Its a motion pro too so we'll see what i end up with, should have it today.

Hi 350for350, I am way out west in Goodland now, moving to Wichita next summer.

ghost_flamz
08-28-2014, 11:51 PM
I took am trike addict. I have grow up rolling these. So many I cannot recall. 90 110 200 250. I have had honda and kawasaki. I have a 250 KXT now and I need to find a CDI for it. Still looking. Love that bike199873. Like I said it needs a CDI, Help!

atctrike
08-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Well, the Motion Pro cable came in today and it fit just like its supposed to and works fine. Not bad for less than $15!

what throttle cable did you order for the YTM 225? I tried to order one off ebay and it came in backwards... the end that goes into the carb (small lead ball) was straight and had the connection for the thumb throttle and the end with the curved adjustment that would go to the carb had the huge led ball on it for the thumb throttle...lol it was like the cable was assembled backwards! I believe it was the Motion Pro cable