PDA

View Full Version : Trizinger with malossi 70cc kit HELP!

Eric o
08-26-2014, 06:25 PM
I installed this kit and put a high compression head in it and when I go to start it or when it goes to stop I'm getting a squeaking noise I'm not really sure what it is or if that's normal from the high compression? If anyone has any ideas? I used 2 head gaskets after reading through a thread on the treatland website where I bought the kit also tried it with one still got the noise ? When it runs I don't get the noise it's just starting and stopping it's kind of a squeaking noise I was possibly thinking of using another base gasket but I'm not really sure what to do HELP PLEASE !

350for350
08-26-2014, 08:21 PM
Well I don't know anything about these, but I'd say that the noise isn't normal. It's probably there when it's running, but you just can't hear it over the engine. Is there maybe something rubbing like in the clutch? Stator? Just throwing out wild guesses here.

Eric o
08-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Not sure if somthing is rubbing but it didn't do it before I put the kit and high compression head in? Can high compression put stress on other parts of the engine?maybe if I add another base gasket it would lower the compression ? I'm grasping at straws I don't know that much about engines,I was hoping to have it running for the weekend but I don't want to blow this thing up.

pipeline triker
08-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Your recoil is not hanging up at all is it. might have stressed it a little with the high comp head. something to check. it is not like a squealing noise like a cir clip not seated and grinding on the wall is it.

Eric o
08-27-2014, 03:11 PM
No it's like a chirping squeaky kind of noise , I was talking to a kid I work with who took automotive 20 years ago in high school he thinks it might be the larger ports in the jug kind of whistling from the higher compression head? I'm gonna start to break it in to ride this weekend hopefully I don't blow it up, it runs awesome just makes noise at start up and shut down.i did notice it's harder to pull start with the puch head.

Eric o
09-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Ok last post just wanted to up date in case anyone searches a similar issue, the problem was a base gasket leak I replaced and with proper torque it's all set