PDA

View Full Version : 3 Wheeler TT Racing

maxbraydanracin
08-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Trying to get access to all the site so here is another post. Of a 85 Tri Z that I'm running and placing well against all of those 250rs. 199855199856199857

The_Steve_Man
08-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Good job! That z is looking good. I will be back over there to race Oct 11th.

The_Steve_Man
08-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Darin doesn't look very excited. lol

maxbraydanracin
08-28-2014, 05:32 PM
I think he was just sore. His Tecate lost rear brakes going into first curve and collected one of their signs against the wall.

ps2fixer
08-28-2014, 06:45 PM
That Tri-z does look nice! I don't race, but it seems the rear tires should be a little bit more meaty for dirt track, or maybe the dirt there is hard packed down?

More action shot pics if you have them please :D.

350for350
08-28-2014, 08:01 PM
I think that the dirt is usually pretty hard for TT racing. I could be wrong since I'm not a racer either.

Mr. Clean
08-28-2014, 08:04 PM
That Tri-z does look nice! I don't race, but it seems the rear tires should be a little bit more meaty for dirt track, or maybe the dirt there is hard packed down?

More action shot pics if you have them please :D.

I have found that loose is better and faster than traction when racing a trike. On the holeshot you may lose traction but once you have momentum your faster thru the corners being able to drift.

The_Steve_Man
08-28-2014, 08:25 PM
The rules for the 3 wheelers there are flat track tires or mower tires. Mower tires work great, just ask StRoberts. I was running american racers and could not get them to hook up out of the turns.

I have a set of grooved american racer cage cart tires that i can not wait to run over there.

ps2fixer
08-28-2014, 11:46 PM
I have found that loose is better and faster than traction when racing a trike. On the holeshot you may lose traction but once you have momentum your faster thru the corners being able to drift.

That makes sense, another thing that I can think of is it is probably easier to keep it in the power band being a 2 stroke and such (I'm a 4 stroke guy, so I rarely thing of that).

maxbraydanracin
08-29-2014, 09:05 AM
The rules for the 3 wheelers there are flat track tires or mower tires. Mower tires work great, just ask StRoberts. I was running american racers and could not get them to hook up out of the turns.

I have a set of grooved american racer cage cart tires that i can not wait to run over there.

yes the lawnmower tires do work great. golf cart tires I ran spin way to much so we are still experimenting with different tires. I ran a set of hoosiers my very first race on my 350x and plowed the wall cause they hook way to much. I believe you was right behind me when that happened.