PDA

View Full Version : **help**85 big red tranny problems

elmadison
08-28-2014, 06:02 PM
hey there, I have an 85 Honda big red 250 that when in high rpms in mainly 1st and 2nd gear pops into neutral and slips when trying to find a gear, I stopped riding it so I am unsure if it happens in higher gears but its happened two separate ocassions now both when in 1st and 2nd. thinking maybe shift forks are bent/worn, but everyone I ask seems to have a different opinion.. I have the motor out but haven't split it yet until I have an idea of what im getting into. I am good with motors.. trannys not so much lol any help would be greatly appreciated!!

ps2fixer
08-28-2014, 06:50 PM
I personally never experienced that issue, but from memory reading threads on here, poping out of gear typically is a bent shift fork.

I have a set of shift forks listed in my web shop, I can ship to canada, I just have to include the shipping costs in the price before you buy and mark it "free shipping". Let me know if you would want them. I think they are priced fairly :). I also have whole bottom ends yet, but shipping would kill any kind of deal I could offer on them.

http://atcfixer.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=50

Thanks, and good luck with the big red.