PDA

View Full Version : atc 110 front axle help please

freak trike
08-29-2014, 04:35 PM
hello someone can tell me or show (pic) the atc 110 front axle parts ...like the main shaft...the two long sleeve ...the two nuts an what else like i think i miss some special washer

shortline10
08-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Yes 2 shoulder washers that catch onto the forks .
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/ATV/1981/ATC110+A/FRONT+WHEEL/parts.html

hello someone can tell me or show (pic) the atc 110 front axle parts ...like the main shaft...the two long sleeve ...the two nuts an what else like i think i miss some special washer

freak trike
08-29-2014, 06:32 PM
discontinued ...it s ok i will make some new homemade whit a local shop .maybe i will make more than two if someone else want too

freak trike
08-29-2014, 06:35 PM
if you can send me exact dimension diameter of hole.and shoulder....because mine is.not in good shape ...i have only one

freak trike
08-29-2014, 06:36 PM
if you can send me exact dimension diameter of hole.and shoulder....because mine is.not in good shape ...i have only one its like 15/32 and 21/32

shortline10
08-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Measure the hole in the fork and give it a little play , the outer dimension at the nut isn't all that crucial.

if you can send me exact dimension diameter of hole.and shoulder....because mine is.not in good shape ...i have only one its like 15/32 and 21/32

freak trike
08-29-2014, 07:05 PM
ok thanks. that have too much play ....new will be more thight

ps2fixer
08-29-2014, 10:40 PM
$10 shipped if you want em, look to be in good shape. Came off an 1982 atc110. I have other parts if you're looking for anything else (also have a 79 being parted out).

freak trike
08-30-2014, 06:03 AM
i stay in east cost canada ...quebec...still 10 free shipping ?:rolleyes:.

ps2fixer
08-30-2014, 02:52 PM
Grr why does that boarder line have to cost so much to go past lol. Looks like shipping for 6oz is around.... $8, so $15 sound fair?

freak trike
08-30-2014, 05:49 PM
lol border line ...for me is just a line on a map . thanks very much to try help me but i will go local macine shop ..for 20 i will have like 6 or 8 new piece

freak trike
08-30-2014, 05:51 PM
i want to be an american ....lol

ps2fixer
08-30-2014, 08:17 PM
Ahh ok, not a problem. I thought machine work like that was more expensive O.o. Back when Honda sold them, they were like $7 each, just an FYI.

freak trike
08-30-2014, 08:24 PM
you right machine shop are expensive...but i have a good friend can do that for less price.i can do it myself but a dont have the tool.but i know how.i was machinist

Asymetric
09-15-2014, 04:30 PM
I could have a part like that set up in about 20 mins. Then the machine would carve one off the end of a bar every 30 seconds or so. A job like that shouldn't be too expensive unless you wanted stainless.

freak trike
09-19-2014, 02:05 PM
I could have a part like that set up in about 20 mins. Then the machine would carve one off the end of a bar every 30 seconds or so. A job like that shouldn't be too expensive unless you wanted stainless.

you right but all machine shop i know have a minimun ...like 50 buck

ps2fixer
09-20-2014, 02:47 PM

If we got you measurement specs, would you be willing to match a batch of say 100 (50 pairs)? I'll buy the batch and offer them up in the 3ww shop if the cost isn't bad. Just plain steel would be fine. I'm sure there would be a couple of people interested in stainless but I'm sure costs would be 2-3 times more easy.

EDIT:

Also, on my list of things to reproduce is the 250es front axle bolt (and other machines which are similar). Below is a crazy high priced one on ebay, but the photo is nice and clear. I'm sure it is hardened steel. Typically used ones go for $10-20 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-ATC250ES-BIG-RED-FRONT-AXLE-AXEL-SHAFT-SPINDLE-BOLT-/181375601449?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a3ad40b29

Asymetric
09-21-2014, 07:51 PM
Those shafts, I couldn't touch for $20 a piece. Imy not a "schooled" engineer that knows all the math behind material strengths. So I would default to carburisd 4140. Just pulling numbers out of my but, the steel would be somthing like $10. Another 15 for heat treatment and straightening. Then OD grinding because round parts always seem to come back egg shaped from heat treatment. For the same reason, the first 1 or 2 pieces would have poorly fitting threads after heat treat until I found the best diameter to turn them to.

It's just a poor candidate for anything but full production. Without trying, I doubt I'd be able to get them under $100.

Not only that but I don't own the shop. I am a key employee for sure and the boss doesn't even ask questions if he sees my truck there on a saturday, but he would be none too happy if I was taking on bigger jobs for profit on his equipment.

Now if there is some demand for the washers, I can make a pile of them as a way to give back to the community. So long as nobody is going to try to get rich selling them.

Are all of the washers the same? I can get good measurements from the ones on my 110. If there are different sizes for bigger trikes, I would need dimensions for those so I can make some of each size in one run.

Edit: and you are in michigan. If you are only a couple hours from toledo you would owe me a trail ride somewhere because I don't know any good places to go or have any friends that play with atv's.

ps2fixer
09-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Those shafts, I couldn't touch for $20 a piece. Imy not a "schooled" engineer that knows all the math behind material strengths. So I would default to carburisd 4140. Just pulling numbers out of my but, the steel would be somthing like $10. Another 15 for heat treatment and straightening. Then OD grinding because round parts always seem to come back egg shaped from heat treatment. For the same reason, the first 1 or 2 pieces would have poorly fitting threads after heat treat until I found the best diameter to turn them to.

It's just a poor candidate for anything but full production. Without trying, I doubt I'd be able to get them under $100.

Not only that but I don't own the shop. I am a key employee for sure and the boss doesn't even ask questions if he sees my truck there on a saturday, but he would be none too happy if I was taking on bigger jobs for profit on his equipment.

Now if there is some demand for the washers, I can make a pile of them as a way to give back to the community. So long as nobody is going to try to get rich selling them.

Are all of the washers the same? I can get good measurements from the ones on my 110. If there are different sizes for bigger trikes, I would need dimensions for those so I can make some of each size in one run.

Edit: and you are in michigan. If you are only a couple hours from toledo you would owe me a trail ride somewhere because I don't know any good places to go or have any friends that play with atv's.

Based purely on part numbers, they appear to range fairly widely. I really don't know if there is much of a demand for them, which is why I was only looking to get around 100qty, mainly to make it worth your time setting up the hardware, and getting the cost per washer down, if it is better for you, 20 pairs would be plenty. I'm not looking to get rich off them, just would like to get slightly more than my investment just to test the market out.

I would like to figure out the differences between these part numbers. See the interchange info at the bottom of each link.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-44302-918-000.html
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-44302-968-000.html
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-44302-968-680.html

I suspect bolt size differences, seems the part number for the older machines are the most widely used, so that would be the ones I would like target for testing the market.

We should probably move this talk into a separate thread, since we kind of hijacked freak trike's thread

EDIT: New thread is here -> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/170016-Front-axle-collar-reproduction-talk

Oh.. and I'm mid part of the LP, so I'm something like 5 hours from the boarder. My general area is where riding areas just start for state land. I would suspect there is more riding areas down south since the laws seem to be more relaxed down there, but if you plan out a trip, I'm sure I could get some of my family to go riding (most ride quads of course lol) :).

Asymetric
09-21-2014, 11:52 PM
I won't be able to post in that thread for a while. Still a new guy. See if you can get some people to measure out what they have for different trikes. As long as the OD doesn't go over 1 inch, it's very low effort to adjust different ID's OD's and shoulder lenghts.