PDA

View Full Version : Ok I am officially addicted

Legns
09-07-2014, 05:04 PM
So some may think I am crazy but I just came back from a 12hr trip(5 there 7 back) to pick up a parts trike I paid 250 for it and i am elated here are some picks

danbur55
09-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Stop for lunch? Supper? Any way as long as your happy with the deal and got what you needed then hoorah seriously i'll bet we all can say that we went out of our way to get what we wanted - needed. I have

f76
09-08-2014, 08:28 AM
I bet you could have done it faster if you hadn't used your other big red to pull it home!

Legns
09-08-2014, 04:33 PM
I went from long island ny to ocean city md and back. I just stopped for breakfast. Other than that strait driving most of the time delay on the way back was the traffic getting through NYC. It was a long trip but to me well worth it. I am very excited to start working on it :D

ps2fixer
09-08-2014, 10:40 PM
I bet you could have done it faster if you hadn't used your other big red to pull it home!

I was thinking the exact same thing!

The parts big red looks pretty complete, seat cover, check fluids, tires and find out what is stopping it from running, and you'll have a rider that might not be pretty, but who really cares about that anyway :P. Might need a tank too by the looks of it.

Legns
09-09-2014, 12:04 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing!

The parts big red looks pretty complete, seat cover, check fluids, tires and find out what is stopping it from running, and you'll have a rider that might not be pretty, but who really cares about that anyway :P. Might need a tank too by the looks of it.

The part bike needs a carb to get it running it came with one but its in pieces so i don't know if its all there. tank is garbage its rotted through on one side also the wiring is a mangled mess some time could fix the wiring issue. the guy said it ran great before the carb came off but its been sitting for a long time it has no front or rear brakes it does roll smooth and the gears seem to change just fine. so overall a good parts candidate for the one thats towing it

350for350
09-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Sometimes it helps if you can justify the trip by saying " I saw a friend, relative, classmate, mistress, etc. along the way". Of course getting stuck in New York traffic is almost the same.

sleeplessknight
09-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Restore it, ebay has lots of parts. :naughty:

Chopsaw
09-14-2014, 08:31 PM
SAVE IT ! I mean why only have one , when you could have two ?

Legns
09-15-2014, 03:06 PM
SAVE IT ! I mean why only have one , when you could have two ?

If i had the means and the money to I would, but i don't, at least not right now. Down the line i would love to restore one but Its my first and second trike so for thime being i want a nice rider so i can enjoy it :D

Kawasaki Jockey
09-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Yep these trikes sure can be money pits

undertaker
09-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Those who think you are crazy are those who have no desire to preserve the past. I traded a zero turn mower once for a couple big reds. Sold them for twice as much as I could have gotten for that cub cadet. I also go to our local scrap yard and have purchased about 15 or so ATCs and ATVs. Most with little problems consisting of carb issues or rings. Most of the time im in slacks and a tie. It is what makes me happy forget the general public.201686