PDA

View Full Version : Honda Hornet

DohcBikes
09-09-2014, 11:46 AM
This is my first fuel injected bike, and also the newest vehicle I've owned to date. With the Two Brothers pipes she's putting out about 115hp at the crank. 2006 Honda 919 Hornet.

Before anyone asks, over 130mph, so far.

Ghostv2
09-09-2014, 11:59 AM
That thing is sharp, I like it. Plus it's a honda so that gives it a few points too.
I don't know what I would do with 115hp.... I already hurt myself on my various atc200's and they put out like what, 9hp?

tripledog
09-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Very nice bike! Simple, understated, and classy. Love the color and overall fit and finish of the bike. Almost looks like a factory made streetfighter, along the lines of the Triumph Speed Triple. Long live hooligan bikes!

jays375
09-09-2014, 09:54 PM
That is one good engine.Takes a beating and keeps on ticking.Don't think they vary much from the CBR 900.

Thorpe
09-09-2014, 10:12 PM
My buddy had one of those cb919's... Nice bike, but my cbr929rr ate it alive! (150hp with Erion pipe)

DohcBikes
09-10-2014, 12:04 AM
And my 954 was faster than your 929, and somebody's else's super sport bike is faster than this bike as well. If I wanted a faster bike I'd have bought one. I bought this because it's fast and comfortable. I do not enjoy the seating position of super sport bikes.

I'd still be more than happy to race.

Thorpe
09-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Easy on the sensitivity Dohc, goodness. It just reminded me of the times my buddy and I were terrorizing the streets with our bikes... Wasn't trying to piss in your wheaties...

6speedthumper
09-10-2014, 08:15 AM
I'm not into bikes, but that is a great looking bike, in my opinion. I've always preferred that style.

DohcBikes
09-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Dude gimme a fkn break, I'm not being sensitive. "That's a nice bike, but" is going to get a response from me guaranteed. If I want to make it faster than a 929 I won't have any problems with that, trust me. I'd probably outride you for the win just like it sits anyway.

Six speed, I bought this style so all the superbike riders could still have a chance at beating me in a real race, lol.

Thorpe
09-10-2014, 08:31 AM
You are correct Dohc... You would win, since I sold my bike when my boys were born...

Relax dude, it wasn't intended to be a dig...

DohcBikes
09-10-2014, 08:35 AM
Calmer 'n you are....:lol

Many times on this board I have expressed my disdain for bench racing. The way to say" mines faster", not with words my man.

Thorpe, the 929s are excellent bikes.

6speedthumper
09-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Six speed, I bought this style so all the superbike riders could still have a chance at beating me in a real race, lol.

Lol, hell yeah. I like it. I've never liked cruisers much, or bobbers, so this is my idea of a good looking/cool looking bike. Not to derail your thread, but, I really like the look of the new Indian. If I were to ever own a motorcycle it'd be an Indian. Preferably one of the original Indians of 50+ years ago. Anyways, really like your new bike!

Thorpe
09-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Thorpe, the 929s are excellent bikes.

My 929 was a nice bike... Kid that bought it, totaled it the first day... My buddy could hang crazy wheelies on his 919, shifting in the air, up to 4th gear! (My 929 vs his 919, rider weight alone, my bike had 125 less pounds to pull around (I am 215lbs),he is a big dude)

DohcBikes
09-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Mine has a sprocket change for top speed from the p.o. so she pretty much sets the front wheel down after 2nd gear as of now. I'll change it back. Sure does pull hard 3-5th above 6k rpm, wants to get away from me!

I'll post more and better pics soon. Getting geared up for a chilly ride to work, starting to miss Phoenix lol...

Sixspeed I like the Indians as well, but they just came out, and they are made by Polaris. Two strikes in my book!! I will say that the only one I know of around here has a very satisfied owner, to each his own especially with bikes.

Motorgidd
09-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Very nice bike! Simple, understated, and classy. Love the color and overall fit and finish of the bike. Almost looks like a factory made streetfighter, along the lines of the Triumph Speed Triple. Long live hooligan bikes!

Tripledog - I thought the same thing about the Speed Triple. Here is my buddies Speed Triple and a few other bikes I drooled over at the dealership in AZ where he works.

200880200881200882 :drool:

Nice bike DOHC, looks fun! Wish I had a street bike to ride again! I rode a 929 almost all summer a few years ago... Great bike, although I am a fan of the Yamaha R1.... And that’s coming from a Honda guy.

oldskool83
09-11-2014, 02:12 PM
919 came out years ago back in 2002. my friends brother bought one. its a good bike, besides that is lacks a lot of things newer ones do but bike are outdated in a few years anymore now. I personally only like v-twins on the street anymore. I sold my RC51 and bought a Harley, people said they were a handful but I beg to differ. I am selling my Harley now...talk about outdated!!!!!!!!!!!!

DohcBikes
09-14-2014, 10:42 AM
The only thing newer bikes have that I wish it had is a closed loop efi system. Ill take care of that later on.

I've decided that I want a single exit exhaust. I will move the single pipe to a more traditional position, saving the weight of one muffler while moving the remaining weight lower on the bike. It will also save weight in pipe.

Already priced a cbr900rr head pipe, it'll take a while to save $ for it but I'll get one. Then I'll decide whether to buy an aftermarket 900rr exhaust after the header, or if I'll have Eric tig something together. Possibly a sectional turn down megaphone.

More pics.

201079 201080

6speedthumper
09-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Sixspeed I like the Indians as well, but they just came out, and they are made by Polaris. Two strikes in my book!! I will say that the only one I know of around here has a very satisfied owner, to each his own especially with bikes.

Hey! Something we have in common! lol

tanks350x
09-16-2014, 10:07 PM
I've always been a fan of the naked style bikes, before I bought my Harley Davidson, I had a 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200r.. Quite possibly the most fun on two wheels I've ever had! That Honda you have there is pretty sharp!

YTZ drew
09-16-2014, 11:04 PM
I have the baby brother of that bike, the 599. I bought it new in '06, currently has about 10K on the clock and still looks showroom. Its the only bike I ever "had to have" when I saw it, and the only bike I ever bought new. Don't have a pic in the computer, but I'll post one if I get a chance.

aldochina
09-17-2014, 12:56 AM
dig the bike dohc! have always rode honda bikes from f4i's to 1000rr's to my current 01 magna. Always loved that bike since I saw it in motorcyclist when it debuted. Havnt had the chance to ride one, but the fun factor must be high! I am still not over my love affair with the interceptor, which will likely be my next bike! mid 2000's or later! have fun be safe and stay warm!

DohcBikes
09-17-2014, 07:15 AM
There he goes again with the private parts..... Your rant, Ya,that's what I was making fun of with my sarcasm there genius. No ice yet, but I have gone out and drifted it on the gravel roads. You'd have wrecked trying any of the riding I've done on this bike bud. And hey, we all know you're the biggest dick of all!!!! Thanks for the meaningful contribution glamy, your jealousy is flattering.

Thanks aldochina, been having some great riding weather the last couple days! I'm getting very comfortable on the bike now, and I love it more every day. The first gear wheelies are really coming along well!