PDA

View Full Version : 82 'zuki alt125 maaaadmess!

GearENVY~SP
09-11-2014, 01:34 AM
What up yo. As previously mentioned in my last mess of a post,i have probs with this bike,and technical diff with every site im on?? Tried responding to ppl that replied to my post,but it didnt work. I appreciate it guys. Thanks for the ideas. Im not sure if it got posted,i get lost here? Anyways,finally messed around and fixed a few lil things on my bike,found couple crimped wires and such,mended them,resealed the intake fuel line,made sure my air cleaner was ok? It aint perty but seen worse. My honda hasnt had a air cleaner since ive had it? Screen only. And a sock...ssssshhhh,dont tell nobody. Lol. Old trick,say what u want,but it does work. Anyways,after wire route check and other stuff i pulled the plug and gave a pull an its been a long time since i saw and heard that nice of a spark from a old beat up bike? Even in daylight! Snappity snap! And my first replacement part i got for it was a brand new ignition coil. The one on it was rusted beyond a sandpaper soak fix? The post to plug the little wire to was bent in half fallin off an the spark was so weak i could barely feel it with the plug on my tongue. Yea yea... so to the point. I put the plug back in just finger tight so i could pull it later for the whole TDC,try adjusting the timing chain process again. But before walkin away i was just curious,so pulled the choke,got it primed and pull the cord a few times....nothin new of course. Could smell gas so i know thats flowin. So decided to try givin and then holding the throttle,on about the 3rd pull i got my first lil poppop pop!!!! I was ecstatic to say the least. First somewhat signs of life!!! Although it was weak,not sure if id call it a backfire,or a prefire?? Just some wimpy pops? I havent taken the cover off to try timing again cuz im not sure what to do? I do have the diagram,and ive done it on other bikes. Not in a long time though? Just kinda confused about which way the cam lobes should be facing altogeter with the piston at tdc so that the valves are open/closed at the proper time? And the cam gear is confusing too. No matter what i do everything ends up
the same it seems? The past owner bought and tried putn thetiming chain and cam gear,but unlike the diagram the gear has two extra holes?? Only one locating pin hole but 4 other holes? Aftermarket universal?? I dont know? I been using the screw holes the last guy used cuz it has indents from being tightened,but if its a different gear than original,maybe he didnt put it together right? Anyone seen cam gears with 4 mounting bolt holes? Jt just seems when i look at it all together and picture how everything moves when running,it just doesnt seem right? I cant figure out how to post pics so anyone have internal positioning pics i can go off?? 82 alt125? Or anything that might help?? Ill check back. Thanks all.+++++++++++++++++++++ADD ON AFTER FRUSTRATION OF NOT BEIN ABLE TO POST A DAMN PIC!!! Went out,sure i have my zuki timed right FINALLY. Was 2 teeth off. Overthinking gets u ever time. AaaaSooo,now my valves are opening and closing in the right order. So that chapters fer sure closed,rtv'd,guaged,torqued and good for problem DOS=2, Wasnt too sure on the carb/fuel line sitiation since i started tinkerin. For one,no petcock fuel shut off whatsoever? Not sure it matters unless u got a leak or fire issue? But researching on here,saw an interesting post by another newbie concerning fuel line routing(sorry the username is forgotten) but another nice fellow handle "Spg56" if im correct was nice enough to post two pics for the other guy,jason? I think? Anyways the first pic showed what i think was some sort of metal "fuel pump" kinda wired down at the gas tank were theres a half circle cut out with two mount holes on top and bottom?? A big hose runs from the center up to the intake piece between carb and motor?? Does fuel go to that piece?? Then there was a second small line that runs to the port next to the prime plunger. And i noticed the guy just had a two inch lil hose coming from the opposite port on the other bottom side of the carb. And he didnt have no hose hooked to the upper port on the throttle tower?? Isthis just how those old mikuni carbs work?? Im just not getn the gist of it? And not having the fuel on/off/reserve petcock is one issue i hope isnt important? The second thing i hope isnt an issue is my bike having a funky round plastic thing by the tank that the tank and carb is connected too just like the hoses in spg56's fuel pump pic. Could i have some sorta jerry rigged plastic fuel pump majigy?? I know i write books. Get used to it. Comedy,drama,action,romance,adventure,and suspence. Its all in here. Ya will respect my auth or ritay....or not?? Makes no differential to me. Im just here to advance,or spread my gearheadedness. I appreciate feedback . Long short,ratarded,er totally off subject? Whatevers clever works. I tried to just message spg56 bout the pics,but was cut off at the pass cuz im new?? Ill get the status,it happens. Goodnight all u 3wheelerers. Peace. Hope to hear frm many.

czac
09-12-2014, 09:08 AM
you can go to your user control panel and up load pics there, once they are on the site there you can copy the links to post them here. or , if you can host them on line someplace like photo bucket or some other photo site like flicker or something, you can post them here by copying the phots link and placing it in your post between these brackets like this example...
pasteyourimagesURLhere

hope this helps.