PDA

View Full Version : New Truck, looking for a Bed Mat and tonneau cover.

Dirtweed
09-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Hey Guys

I finally bought myself a truck and am thinking of putting a bed mat in rather than a drop in liner or Rhino liner.
Anyone have any that they have used that are good. I saw a few on line like Dee Zee or something like that.

I also plan on putting in one of those multi-section tonneau covers as well, any recommendations? I have seen the Undercover
Flex and the BAK BakFlip Fibermax. Both look pretty decent, but it seem the undercover removes easily...not sure
about the BakFlip.

The Ram 1500 I bought is the Crew Cab with the 5' 7" box....not sure if I'd really need to remove the cover to load
the TRX450R or 250R.

coolpool
09-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Not too sure about a bed mat but i've had a Lund Tri-fold pn my Ram for 8 years. The two way sealing tape is a little ratty but otherwise its held up good. It can freeze to the top of the box during thaw freeze cycles. They'll all do that i suppose.

Thorpe
09-12-2014, 02:32 PM
I have the bed rug and the "tonnopro" low profile tonneau cover on my '12 ram with the 5'7" box... Been real happy with both of them. Got them at realtruck.com and they had good prices. A SX would fit in the back of mine without an issue...

http://www.realtruck.com/tonnopro-loroll-tonneau-cover/R183250P2012Y2712MA.html

http://www.realtruck.com/bedrug-bed-mat/R181703P2012Y2712MA.html

oldskool83
09-12-2014, 03:07 PM
I put line-x in med rams bed. cant screw it up only $500 bucks with the rails done.

Dirtweed
09-12-2014, 03:24 PM
I have the bed rug and the "tonnopro" low profile tonneau cover on my '12 ram with the 5'7" box... Been real happy with both of them. Got them at realtruck.com and they had good prices. A SX would fit in the back of mine without an issue...

Any issues with leaking with the roll up tonnopro?

atc007
09-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Always had liners when we were farming. Went to matts in our last 2. Hate them. Great traction,safer,but they grab sled carbides,nothing slides etc... I really like the look of that bed rug! I also have yet to have a tonneau,if I'm driving my truck,I'm using it lol. Great looking Ram btw . She's a beauty.

Thorpe
09-13-2014, 12:01 AM
200948Here is mine. The tailgate seal that comes with the tonnopro is a joke, but otherwise it doesn't leak any worse then any of the other brands... (And the rams have a huge tailgate gap) The bedrug is sweet. Anytime you gotta crawl into the back, it's soft on your knees! And pretty darn stain proof... Gas, oil, ATF... Spend a buck at the car wash and power wash it right out

clmeue37
09-13-2014, 04:51 PM
I have an extang trifecta trifold cover. It spends most of its time hanging on the wall in the garage now. I have no problems with leaking and I can easily put it on or take it off in 5 minutes. As for the bed I did the roll on liner coupled with a rubber bed mat. Works great for me.

t65h
10-20-2014, 08:48 PM
I have had a Bakflip cover on my F150 for the last 5 years and I love it. I use my truck, so it is nice to be able to fold it up and use the full bed of my truck. I had a cap and soft covers in the past. I ordered the cheapest bed mat that could find and it has been fine.