PDA

View Full Version : Deadbeat eBay seller

3 Wheel Drive
09-12-2014, 08:45 PM
I won an auction on the 4th and paid right after it ended. Before the auction ended the seller was answering my questions, it's been 8 days now and still no replies to my messages.

I've been asking the seller about my items and requested an Eta or tracking info.

This is a first for me on EBay, I want my items not a refund. Anyone else deal with this on Ebay?

sellers feedback is 100% so this is odd, what should I do?

http://m.ebay.com/orderDetails?itemId=131281249200&txnId=0

jb2wheels
09-12-2014, 09:00 PM
As I recall, you have 30 days to open a case with eBay.

You have to decide by then to give up on transaction.

If the parts are more important than your money, no harm waiting until you get close to the deadline.

Once you decide you're not getting your parts and you actually do want your money, open a case with eBay. If you payed with PayPal, you'll get it back.

Ebay's policies are very buyer oriented as opposed to 5 years ago or so. Should be a non issue.

Chopsaw
09-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I just went thru some BS myself , with a known retailer . Ask now where the parts are . Let E Bay handle it from there . The seller will have time to respond , or they will refund your money .

Dont wait ask now , mine deal took over a month , but I did get a full refund and shipping .

ebaccm26
09-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Sounds like you have tried contacting him several times so I would just go ahead and use the "Resolve a problem" option and go from there. If the seller doesn't respond to the messages sent through there you can escalate it to a full on case after a few days. Obviously dealing with this can be annoying but I wouldn't worry about it, at the very least you will get your money back.

3 Wheel Drive
09-13-2014, 12:25 AM
I'll wait a while longer hopefully the guy just got busy. I won other stuff after that auction and they arrived today.

3 Wheel Drive
09-17-2014, 06:58 PM
I got the package today, still no replies back from the seller. I know people get busy but this ended on the 4th and it's now the 17th I'd call it poor communication,,,

Anyways I picked up a set of front forks off a wide front tiger 250 for cheap! :)

robertc
09-17-2014, 10:07 PM
I could be wrong, but think the forks you bought may have come from this trike

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/oldsite/Tiger/Tiger1-front.jpg

3 Wheel Drive
09-17-2014, 10:15 PM
I scratched the paint away and found some serial numbers: X3363ZL and X3363R.

The seals are practically gone but they spring up and down fine. The chrome is not good but I'm happy with them.

3 Wheel Drive
09-17-2014, 10:22 PM
I don't see any place to mount a caliper or mounting bracket. Did any tigers use a brake drum?

The seller wrote back, long story short: a few planes he owns crashed 1 pilot died, insurance FAA...etc...

robertc
09-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Have only seen your forks on this Tiger, has a caliper mount I haven't seen either. Picture isn't the best, but was owned by a member here.

robertc
09-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Looks like it was mounted at bottom by front axle (inside of fork), and top by some type of clamp around fork tube.

TheBlueWale
09-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Looks like it was mounted at bottom by front axle (inside of fork), and top by some type of clamp around fork tube.

Maybe that's the way that some of the earliest Tigers came, judging by the hump gas tank and diamonds on the swingarm.

robertc
09-22-2014, 11:13 PM
Maybe that's the way that some of the earliest Tigers came, judging by the hump gas tank and diamonds on the swingarm.

No doubt it's an early one as you pointed out, but here's a pic of an earlier one (top mount rad) with the usual front caliper mount. Must be one of those (use what's available moments).

TheBlueWale
09-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Yea, that makes me wonder now. The forks are different, but as far as authenticity goes, the ones that were on ebay seem to have been on the bike for a very long time seeing how the blue faded the same way as the frame. I'm with you on the idea of "use what's available".