PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was mine.................

Mickey Dunlap
09-12-2014, 10:17 PM
I thought this was a done deal last night but he won't answer his phone or e-mails today so maybe someone else can try.

He said he would deliver it today to my mom and dads and then I would pay him and for his time and gas.

Good luck!

PS I don't think it's a 87 and the spark plug isn't in it in the pic.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/snw/4662881698.html

3 Wheel Drive
09-13-2014, 12:21 AM
I sent you that link yesterday, I thought about picking it up myself. The tires looked real good, even if it was an 85 it still looked good.

I'm going to the Puyallup Fair tomorrow, too bad it's been deleted. I would have picked it up on the way home or before the fair. They show up often in WA. I saw an 87 SX go for 700 and it was pretty mint!

Mickey Dunlap
09-13-2014, 10:09 AM
I sent you that link yesterday, I thought about picking it up myself. The tires looked real good, even if it was an 85 it still looked good.

I'm going to the Puyallup Fair tomorrow, too bad it's been deleted. I would have picked it up on the way home or before the fair. They show up often in WA. I saw an 87 SX go for 700 and it was pretty mint!

Well I never heard back from him so I don't know what happen.

Thanks anyway. I'll just keep looking around here.

Lord Letto 20
09-13-2014, 06:58 PM
did it work out for you? what was it, the ad has been removed by author so I can't see?

Mickey Dunlap
09-14-2014, 08:27 PM
did it work out for you? what was it, the ad has been removed by author so I can't see?

Nope the guy just blew me off. It was a real nice 250 Big Red for $500! I had a deal for him to take it to my mom and dads and I would pay him for his time and gas.

ps2fixer
09-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Sounds like one of the typical Craigslist people, sellers will say they will hold it, then you drive 2+ hours there to find they sold it out from under you, or if you are on the selling side, have buyers say they will show up, but never show up or call. Must be like 70% of people have phones that don't work since in my experience I ALWAYS call right before I leave, and I rearly get an answer, a lot of the time It is a good thing too because they already sold it the night before.

just ben
09-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Happy to see you back mr. Dunlap

big specht
09-15-2014, 05:34 AM
People only do that to you when they know you are to far away to drive to them and give them a ear beating. I think we all have had the same think happen to us when dealing on craiglist.

Mickey Dunlap
09-15-2014, 05:22 PM
People only do that to you when they know you are to far away to drive to them and give them a ear beating. I think we all have had the same think happen to us when dealing on craiglist.

I HATE CRAIGLIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was 20min. from me and I called and lefy a message I want it and I'll come up right now to get. http://altoona.craigslist.org/mpo/4571942001.html They call back and said it was sold!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

ps2fixer
09-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Yea....... so many sellers never delete their listings.

Mickey Dunlap
09-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Yea....... so many sellers never delete their listings.

Yep everyone I call this week was sold, I'm done looking for Big Reds, well really my wife said to get the Team Honda 200x , the ATC 70 and my Brute Force done and then get a Big Red.:cry: But she is right.:lol:

ps2fixer
09-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Yep everyone I call this week was sold, I'm done looking for Big Reds, well really my wife said to get the Team Honda 200x , the ATC 70 and my Brute Force done and then get a Big Red.:cry: But she is right.:lol:

When they tell me it is sold I ask them for a favor. .......... delete your listing! Most will say ok and in a day or two it is gone.

just ben
09-18-2014, 09:31 PM
I called on a gas grill a few years ago and the post was a couple weeks old. When I called and asked if he still had it he was very rude and said "I sold that 2 weeks ago why are people still calling?" My response was " well maybe you should take the ad down" his response was " well maybe I don't want to". There are all kinds of cl sellers most are flakes but I have come a crossed a few that a very upfront,honest and respectable . But not many...

ps2fixer
09-18-2014, 10:13 PM
I called on a gas grill a few years ago and the post was a couple weeks old. When I called and asked if he still had it he was very rude and said "I sold that 2 weeks ago why are people still calling?" My response was " well maybe you should take the ad down" his response was " well maybe I don't want to". There are all kinds of cl sellers most are flakes but I have come a crossed a few that a very upfront,honest and respectable . But not many...

The honest part is the rarest! I have a simple saying, and it seems to hold true every time so far. If there are no photos on the craiglist ad for something that should like a car, atv, etc, then they are HIDING something! Once you show up and look at it, there will be extra problems that were not listed in the listing, or rust etc.

My dad called about a car before, listing litterly said he had a car for sale and had a photo of it, completely zero details. Anyway the guy answered, and my dad started asking questions, you have the car on craigslist yet? Yea. Ok what year is it? 1996. Ok how many miles? Then the guy just said... I ain't gota deal with dis and he hung up. My dad was VERY interested in the car, good priced, looked good in the photos, just wanted the details, the guy killed his own sale.

Dirtcrasher
10-07-2014, 02:49 PM
I don't even want these scumbas at my house, I have hide every dam thing!!

LOSERS/THIEFS!!