PDA

View Full Version : 185s trike to 250 R fork swap????

Ryan9786
09-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Ok guys greetings to you all new member, just picked up a 185s great bike all around, yet my front forks were bent so I ordered some off ebay with shocks, that were supposed to be from a 200s, yet as it turns out they are forks from a 250R instead. My question is will I be able to swap the forks from the 185s and put on the 250R ones with no problems or am I going to run into issues. Will the large tire fit these forks? Do they even make or have bearings that work for the swap? I tried to swap them today but the bearing races do not match as the 250r fork stem is slightly larger then the 185s's. I picked the 250R forks up off ebay for 60 bucks and they are in good shape and if they won't work let me know so I can resell them and get some forks that will work. A response asap if you can trying to get this done so I can take her riding.

Thanks guys

Ryan

muthey
09-14-2014, 11:53 PM
there is an adapter that is made that you can use to convert over to the 250r forks, however no the unless they ar a first gen forks the fat front tire wont fit. if they are first Gen and you would like more info about the weld in adapter pm Ol Deuce for more info.