PDA

View Full Version : Honda XL 350

350Xrider
01-12-2004, 08:39 PM
I have a 1974 Honda XL350 4 stroke and every time I get it out it fouls a spark plug it is a really dry carbon type fouling. It isn't running to rich either. I think it could possibly be because the battery is dead and sof the older bikes had to have a fully charged battery top run right. It has a really nice blue spark when a fresh plug is put in,but then it starts either firing white or sparking blue but all over the insulator.I can put a new plug in it and run it for about 20 minutes or so and it runs like a top,but after that it will hardly accelerate and wants to die out. The valves are probably out of adjustment a little bit to,but I don't really think that that would cause it? ANything that you can think of that it could possibly be please let me know.Thanks a lot

TimSr
01-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Probably 95% of eletcrical problems are caused by the points in models that have them, and while I dont know anything specifically about the model you mentioned, its probably one of those points machines.

PLJ.
01-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Good possibility that it could be the points. That XL is a point ignition machine. Points sets are cheap. Lower that thing down, rake in the front end, glass tail section/tank, 19" wheels, configure some disk brakes off of an old three wheeler, add a Jemco low pipe and you will have a great handling dirttracker. I have a 74 XL myself, but mine is a 250. Well, it says that on the outside!!!! Megacycle kit installed. Those XL350's are hot up here in the north for play iceracing!!!