PDA

View Full Version : Idiots Trashing 3 Wheelers...

Caminofeld
09-15-2014, 10:29 PM
So I was on Youtube tonight and can't believe how many people are on there purposely trashing their trikes.

Now anybody who knows or has ever ridden with me knows that I'll beat on my bikes quite a bit, but I do it while actually RIDING. It seems like some of these people just throw their trikes down hillsides or wreck them on purpose...or bail when a skilled rider would have just put some weight over the front end, controlled the throttle, or shifted their weight and pulled it off....or at the very least brought her down easy. Seems like they are treated like disposable novelties...like "look how stupid these things are"...PISSES ME OFF!!! These idiots probably have quads and think they're the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro because they can fishtail or pop a wheelie while standing on the grab bar. Takes some stones and a TON of skill to master the trike. These little assholes will never understand...

Perfect example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaeDb9_xgX8

Sorry, end rant....

Caminofeld
09-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Kinda like punching an old man for no reason...

f76
09-15-2014, 11:23 PM
If they had to pay for the trike it would be much different. I'm sure a lot of those people trashing trikes are some poor old beater on the farm or grandpa has and it's old and not as cool as a craptor 700 so heck, let's trash it up since it doesn't cost anything.

DohcBikes
09-15-2014, 11:26 PM
I watched it with no sound, but it just looks like a kid having a great time on a trike to me. He was wearing a helmet. Demonstrating the indestructible qualities of a honda.

Rather him get grandpas trike out and ride it than let it sit in the barn. For all you know he rebuilt that engine, or the whole trike. Maybe he bought it for a dollar. I serviced a ytm200 today that was purchased for just that price. You better believe I've abused more than one cheap trike. What exactly did he harm on it? Other than putting himself in danger, which we all do every time we ride, I dont see what he could hurt doing this. Bent bars? Dented tank? Trikes arent that valuable relative to most vehicles, and they are super easy to rebuild and repair. He hasnt harmed that trike at all in the video.

Trike on kid.

Caminofeld
09-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Well I guess it's like my Dad telling me how he put his Honus Wagner card in his bike spokes when he was a kid because he had no idea what he had at the time. Youthful ignorance I suppose.

I'm a true believer that Americans should be able to do what they want when they want provided it doesn't adversely affect anyone else in the process...but that doesn't mean I'm not entitled to voice my opinion on the matter.

I guess as a trike enthusiast and collector I see more value in these pieces of history than the average person. Perfect example is my '82 Big Red. It was a barn find that was advertised on craigslist for a couple hundred bucks. With the exception of the seat being chewed off by a horse (lol) it looked to be in great condition. The backstory was that the guy advertising it was renting a house on an 800 acre farm, found the trike in one of the barns, and the original owner said he could have it. The farmer bought it brand new in 1982, rode it for a few hours, then rolled it and shattered his arm. The trike was fine, but I met him and his arm is still deformed. Anyways, it only had a few hours on it and I was stoked to restore it. I arrived to find the trike with bent handlebars, covered in red clay mud, all the fairings broken, a flat front tire, and the gas tank dented. The seller apologized and said he let his little brother ride it earlier in the day and he crashed it. The little brother is there and starts laughing and saying how stupid 3 wheelers are and how the trike was "the biggest piece of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro". I simply replied "looks more like rider error to me". It still ran good, so I got it for a hundred bucks...but couldn't help feeling angry that this kid thought it was so funny that he destroyed it.

Fox250R
09-16-2014, 12:19 AM
I think the kid needs a bigger bike.. 350x maybe?

Mr_Gixxer
09-16-2014, 08:07 AM
In all reality I won't lose any sleep over what someone decides to do with their own property. After all, these people only make our trikes more valuable. :D

There is however one video I saw a while back that made me cringe thinking about a poor old machine being abused. Took me a while to find it again but here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIRo_SynYz0

tripledog
09-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Wow, after watching that video, I really appreciate my 200es. I would never treat ANY of my vehicles like that!

oldskool83
09-16-2014, 09:42 AM
They both need slapped up side the head with a dead fish

M.Pargiello
09-16-2014, 09:46 AM
While I didn't see anything than a kid having fun on a beat 30 year old toy, Some are just meant to be thrashed.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't purposely destroyed machines. They were beyond any reasonable repair before that point, but hell. Why not.

And to add to this, Our very own Billy always posts videos of MUCH nicer machines being wrecked WAAAYYY harder than this. Time for the pitchforks.

M.Pargiello
09-16-2014, 09:51 AM
This guy needs to be stopped!!!

E'S WRECKIN ER BIKES!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnOnBrqi9ss

Billy Golightly
09-16-2014, 10:15 AM
While I didn't see anything than a kid having fun on a beat 30 year old toy, Some are just meant to be thrashed.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't purposely destroyed machines. They were beyond any reasonable repair before that point, but hell. Why not.

And to add to this, Our very own Billy always posts videos of MUCH nicer machines being wrecked WAAAYYY harder than this. Time for the pitchforks.

Ride em' hard. I got chased with pitch forks for saying I would have taken the NOS crated 250R out and rode the piss out of it, but thats what these things were made for. Not denigrating or belittling the collectors or people that like to keep mint machines, but they were made to ride and I think we ought to always remember that...

Mr_Gixxer
09-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Or how 'bout these guys in their 3 wheelerz?...

:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

slashfan7964
09-16-2014, 11:18 AM
I've seen a few videos where people jump them into lakes and whatnot...it angers me but at the same time, just goes to show how indestructible they are

Caminofeld
09-17-2014, 05:30 PM
I think that hillclimb vid is one of the sickest 3 wheeler vids I've ever seen! My gripe isn't with people who ride hard, because crashing is inevitable if you're pushing the envelope (and I've had my fair share too). My problem is with people that trash a trike to the point where it's unrideable because they think it's funny...then probably junk it because they don't think it's worth fixing.

big specht
09-17-2014, 11:26 PM
That looked like fun we had 110s and 185 we would beat the living crap out of and they took it. That's why we like Honda but we have the one we get out and ride around the roads only on nices days too.

Thorpe
09-17-2014, 11:32 PM
Oh come on... Where is BCRedneck when you need him...? He was the king of destroying trikes...

The Goat
09-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Wheres the old video of brapp jumping the 250sx into a pond lol

czac
09-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Well I guess it's like my Dad telling me how he put his Honus Wagner card in his bike spokes when he was a kid because he had no idea what he had at the time. Youthful ignorance I suppose.
lol or my dad telling me he was ready to buy a House right on the beach in Westbrook, ct back in the early 1970s with 11 acres of land... enough for each one of us kids to someday build houses on... but my mom said no because...(get this!) she didn't want to have to drive on the highway to get back and fourth to New Haven once a week to visit her sister!!! Ma!!!!! you could have driven on the Post road!!! I could have a house in a pretty affluent small CT beach community today!