PDA

View Full Version : Back from Sturgeon Fishing, What a Blast!

coolpool
09-16-2014, 10:57 PM
The wife and I and another couple headed to British Columbia for two days of Sturgeon fishing on the Harrison and Fraser River. We caught 8 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. Mine, (take a bow) was the biggest at over 5' and 60+ lbs:p. Apparently that's the average size; we were hoping to tie into a 7'er but to no avail. I'd almost hate to tackle one that big as the ones we caught played you out pretty good. We had fabulous weather and the scenery was spectacular. Planning to do this again for sure.

Buck Snort
09-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Right on! You guys did very good for 2 days. My brother inlaw has been inviting me to go sturgeon fishing for years. I will have to take him up on the offer.

coolpool
09-17-2014, 01:25 PM
Right on! You guys did very good for 2 days. My brother inlaw has been inviting me to go sturgeon fishing for years. I will have to take him up on the offer.

The guides told us our days of fishing were slow. Personally one per hour is more than enough to recover between battles. Any day fishing and not at work is a good day, lol. I would definitely take your brother in law up on the offer; hope he's set up for them,:wondering

BOB MARLIN
10-03-2014, 11:15 AM
I'd love to try that. Is there a "no-take" limit or "slot" limit on them there. I heard they are very good eating, but I know they are somewhat protected.

Bren_downe
10-03-2014, 01:16 PM
"The ole' diamond back sturgeon, came swim in' along…
Minding his business one dayyyy"-Primus
Sorry I'm a big Primus fan and he's always singing about sturgeon fishing.