PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel and back wheels interchangable?

Truck Norris
09-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Hello. I recently bought an 83 honda 185s. The front wheel and one of the back wheels are 9 inch with 25 inch tires on them. The other back wheel is a 8 inch with a 22 inch tire on it. Im wanting to put the 8 thats on the back on the front and move the front one to the back. Is this possible? Im completly new to 3 wheelers so i apoligize for asking a stupid question.

350for350
09-21-2014, 01:54 PM
I don't think that's a stupid question. I think you could swap them, but I'm not sure if it work. You could try it and let us all know. The only way you can ride like it's set up is in circles. Probably not the best way to go if you ever leave your yard.

Truck Norris
09-21-2014, 02:21 PM
I don't think that's a stupid question. I think you could swap them, but I'm not sure if it work. You could try it and let us all know. The only way you can ride like it's set up is in circles. Probably not the best way to go if you ever leave your yard.

Ive rode it like that a few times and its not to bad. I dont really have a problem keepin it straight even on pavement. But it does bother me that the rears are different sizes

sleeplessknight
09-21-2014, 10:15 PM
I just moved a wheel from the back of my 87 Big Red to the front and it worked fine. Not saying the same will be true for the 185s but it seems like it should be, I guess just try it and see what happens. Good luck. I had a 185s when I was a teenager, loved it, wish I still had it now.

YamaBoss
09-22-2014, 09:36 AM
I would think it would work. As long as the wheels and hubs are the same. I've done it on a Yamaha tri moto before and it worked out. I would assume it would work for you as well.

Truck Norris
09-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys ill give it a shot after work. I didnt want to try if there was no chance. Looks like a pain with 8 nuts on a 4 lug...

Truck Norris
09-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Turns out i have 2 different rear hubs so one of my back wheels will swap to the front but not the one i had hoped haha. Thanks for the help guys

350for350
09-26-2014, 10:09 PM
I know it's just a Band-Aid fix, but could you buy a 25 inch tire for your 8 inch rim so both rears are the same size? I know it's kind of a pain when you have two different hubs.