PDA

View Full Version : 200es carb

Beau
09-22-2014, 12:50 PM
my carb is gummed and frozen up.
what can i use to either clean it up with or what carb would be a good replacement.
is there another carb that will add a little power to a stock 200es

86125m
09-22-2014, 02:38 PM
This is a great replacement carb http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ATC200-ATC200ES-Big-Red-Carburetor-Carb-1983-1984-NEW-/191342486444?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c8ce6a3ac&vxp=mtr. However try to clean it first with some carb cleaner but more than likely the carb will leak after you clean it.

buck420
09-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Yes I would say a good cheap knock off carb is the way to go I got one for my 200es and its great

ivan-083
09-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Beau I have brought one of those cheap carbs from my 200es, bolted it up and works at treat!

JesseA420
09-23-2014, 02:31 PM
used one of those knock off carbs on the 200x, it worked good.

DohcBikes
09-23-2014, 02:58 PM
what can i use to either clean it up
Carb cleaner.

elbearo
09-23-2014, 03:23 PM
what can i use to either clean it up with or what carb would be a good replacement.
is there another carb that will add a little power to a stock 200es

Really depends how "gummed" and "frozen", but with the cost of a replacement being so inexpensive and people having good success with them, why not just buy one and save yourself some potential headaches?

If you choose to clean it, you can disassemble and soak the parts (with all seals removed) to make it a bit easier. However, if your carb is that gummed up, be sure to clean tank, petcock, lines, etc before putting the new carb in.

Beau
09-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Really depends how "gummed" and "frozen", but with the cost of a replacement being so inexpensive and people having good success with them, why not just buy one and save yourself some potential headaches?

If you choose to clean it, you can disassemble and soak the parts (with all seals removed) to make it a bit easier. However, if your carb is that gummed up, be sure to clean tank, petcock, lines, etc before putting the new carb in.

replacing it is fine but is there one that will give just more performance on this stock motor or should i just go with a stock one.

TrikeGarage
09-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Just clean it we have taken apart dozens of carbs and had no issues with them leaking, take it all apart and run some break cleaner thorough it then gas rinse. All the jets taken out put in a small cup and sewerage in sea foam then blow em out with a air compressor and it's like new.

DohcBikes
09-30-2014, 02:47 PM
For Christ sake stop telling people to buy a cheap carb just because it's dirty. Damn lazy people. If you can't take the time to clean a freaking carb find a new hobby or take it to a professional. Pains me to think of all the good stock carbs going in the trash because of ADD and impatience.

End rant.

cap
10-01-2014, 01:28 AM
All good advice.
I don't believe there is a replacement carb that will give you more "power" on your 200ES.

I spent about 15$ of carb cleaner on this, yes it ran but not great. It was replaced.

DohcBikes
10-01-2014, 07:16 AM
I'd have the above carb cleaned tuned installed and running perfect in under an hour. Have seen and cleaned dozens that were worse than that.

86125m
10-01-2014, 09:47 AM
That's not what I'm saying dohc I always try to clean the carb first before I buy a new one. It's just every carb I have cleaned for any of my bikes always leak even after I put a new kit in them and these win cycles carbs are only 30 bucks and run great because they are almost identical to the original and have Japanese carb kits already installed in them. So they are only a little more expensive than a carb kit and they are bolt on and ready to go.

DohcBikes
10-01-2014, 02:55 PM
I use only oem floats and needle/seats. Some days I will clean and rebuild 10 or more carbs in one day, 4 per bike adds up quick! They don't leak.

What causes a carb to leak? Well, high float, stuck float, bad needle/seat, debris. That's pretty much it. It would be tough for me to believe that MOST let alone every carb you've worked on was rebuilt correctly, yet still leaked. There's virtually nothing to destroy the nonremovable seats, so again it can't be every carb. What is, would generally be a junk float needle, even if new, improperly assembled carb, or the most likely culprit after a quick carb cleaning, a carb that is still dirty. Debris.

Often a rebuilt carb that is leaking, once ridden with authority, will leak no more.

Beau
04-03-2015, 11:22 AM
i bought i new carb from ebay. put it on and it runs great.
i pulled the tank off and put degreaser in it yesterday so i can seal the tank. tank leaks from the seam on the right side. rode it for a while.

i do have a wobble in the tires though. kind of wondering if that is from the green slime or if it is because the tire is dry rotted. anyone hride with a dry rotted tire that had a wobble to it?