PDA

View Full Version : 1985 atc125m bogs when air filter is attached / needs pic of hoses attached to carb

john7666
09-25-2014, 05:48 PM
I have a 1985 atc 125m and when I connect the air filter tube/box and attempt to run it at open throttle it bogs down.. cant figure out the issue.
also anyone have pictures of where the hoses hook up to n the carb?

350for350
09-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Is the air filter clean? Maybe you have a jetting issue with the carb? From what you said, it sounds like you're running rich to me. Check the spark plug color. If it's black , you know you're too rich for some reason. Of course, if you don't know the age of the plug, I'd replace it. It's only a few bucks. I don't buy plugs from my dealer anymore unless I have to. I can get the same plug from an auto parts store for about half the price. Not a big deal when you only have one toy. If you buy several plugs at a time, it adds up quick.

trike savior
09-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Had same problem on mine. It is running too rich and needs the extra air to run properly. Changed the float and all was fixed. The plastic float wears out over time and allows too much fuel in carb bowl , making it rich.
This is assuming you have not recently done a carb kit or something that may have come with the wrong size jet.
If it is the way it has been and ran good until now, get a float