PDA

View Full Version : New 2 Forum '83 200x owner

x-rider
09-26-2014, 12:11 AM
New to this forum. Wanted to say hello. Read up on Wicked-X build. Great posting. Looking to restore/ build my 200x. It will be nice to hear from people with knowledge and backgrounds with these. Thanks.

jakep53
09-26-2014, 08:52 AM
welcome to the forum

DohcBikes
09-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Boy isn't that Wicked-X something else....:D

Seriously though welcome to 3ww and thank you. What would you like to know?! There's a whole bunch of smart folks here to stuff your brain with trike knowledge, not to mention other things!

x-rider
09-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Yep. Cool build you did there. How much do you think you have into it? I read your thread from beginning to end. I don't recall you mentioning what tires you were using. I do remember a little about the front forks/ handle bar, It looks like you got the front forks stretched out a little kinda like a chopper. Could you elaborate on this a little more. Did you modify/chop frame at all? I don't recall much talk about chopping anything up. Not sure which way I want to go with my build, but your thread was a pretty incredible feat. I just have a feeling like hawaiirider, the po-po won't like it. Lol. I also noticed you had a motorcycle throttle instead of the thumb throttle. This is how mine came when I bought it. I kind of liked the novelty of it as I grew up riding dirtbikes and was used to the twist throttle. I have had 4-5 buddys that have had 200x's, all thumb throttles, so I am used to that as well. Every one of those 200's have been put through hell, and they come back fighting for some more. Anyways, I'm sure I'll have some more questions. Thanks for any help. Keep on trikin'. Sorry I see in the first couple of post about the tires and frame. I must have had brain melt after 15 pages.

x-rider
09-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Hawiirider. I see you are from Oregon as well. New to the site and still finding my way around the forum. I see you have a street legal trike as well. Do you have any pics of it. Oh and by the way. How do you go about getting it registered and street legal.

DohcBikes
09-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Yep. Cool build you did there. How much do you think you have into it? I read your thread from beginning to end. I don't recall you mentioning what tires you were using. I do remember a little about the front forks/ handle bar, It looks like you got the front forks stretched out a little kinda like a chopper. Could you elaborate on this a little more. Did you modify/chop frame at all? I don't recall much talk about chopping anything up. Not sure which way I want to go with my build, but your thread was a pretty incredible feat. I just have a feeling like hawaiirider, the po-po won't like it. Lol. I also noticed you had a motorcycle throttle instead of the thumb throttle. This is how mine came when I bought it. I kind of liked the novelty of it as I grew up riding dirtbikes and was used to the twist throttle. I have had 4-5 buddys that have had 200x's, all thumb throttles, so I am used to that as well. Every one of those 200's have been put through hell, and they come back fighting for some more. Anyways, I'm sure I'll have some more questions. Thanks for any help. Keep on trikin'. Sorry I see in the first couple of post about the tires and frame. I must have had brain melt after 15 pages.lol, I don't blame you on the brain melt, trust me.

The forks are actually shortened. What you might be seeing is the point when I had the frontend flipped to a leading axle configuration, it didn't work as well as I wanted it to so I flipped it back. The front end sits about 4 inches lower than stock, as well as the rear does. Pictures don't show how low it is, it will BARELY clear a curb and that's only if done correctly. I knew It would have to be low to maintain highway speeds, mission accomplished. Yes, as you may have seen by now, the frame is heavily modified. I'd tell you what my frame weighs now, but then I'd have to kill you.... Trying to make a deal on a twin cylinder engine to stuff in it today :naughty:

How much do I have into it? It's hard to say because many of the parts were left from projects I made money on. The engine cost $75 after selling the square that was wrapped around it, the tires, I don't remember but I'm a kenda dealer so they weren't pricey for me lol... Fairing was like 60 bucks, chain, sprockets, really that's about all I've had to purchase. That being said, theres eventually going to be some real money dumped in to it.

BY FAR the major investment on the Wicked-X is TIME.

It is not even close to finished.

hawaiirider has a street legal CONVERSION. The frame is from an xr200. Easy to register.

jb2wheels
09-27-2014, 10:35 AM
I had 2 200Xs a few years ago. Great trikes and LOTS of parts available for them.

But I weigh nearly as much as they do so I needed more power in the dunes and figured out the cheapest way to hop up a 200X is replace it with a 350X or 250R.

Anyway - the red one had a stock engine and the white one had an e-start OHV 200cc Loncin (same as LIfan). That e-start was awesome. Had a Bassani pipe and it sounded great and was significantly faster than the stocker.

hondatc88
09-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the forum and your trike!

x-rider
09-29-2014, 11:47 PM
I have had this 200x for about 14 years. I bought it for $500 back around '00 or "01. I have had plenty of fun on this machine.So before I throw some money into this pit, I want to get the "pig" running. LOL. About 2 years ago after on a hunting trip, it threw the chain. We put the chain back on and it ran fine. Did not notice that the case cover had got a crack in it. It was toward the end of our trip, so maybe only rode it for 30 min. after that. Brought it home, and the following weekend taking the kids for a ride around the field, I noticed oil on one of the kids shoes and mine, all over my leg. I immediatly shut it off. All the oil pretty much drained out. I pulled the cover off and jb welded it, but never finished the job. It was sitting in the weather for about a year, I went to move it and tried to kick start it and I couldn't even budge it. I am not even a small guy. Anyway, I was able to pushstart it to unseize it. A buddy of mine said to put transmission fluid in it to diccipate the water. I kickstarted it to a bunch to remove al the rusty water out of the engine. Then I filled with transmission fluid to lube. It seems to have a lot of compression, and has not seized up since. The magneto or stator? which it covers has been exposed to the weather for awhile, so is a little rusty. Do I need to clean up the rust, If so how would I go about this? Also front and rear brake resevoirs are warped and brakes somewhat frozen. I need to get new resevoirs and take calipers apart, and free up? Anyways this is where I want to start with my build. Any help appreciated.

x-rider
09-30-2014, 11:47 PM
202256202257202258202259202260Here are some pics for you guys. You can see the rust I am talking about. I think the jb weld will hold up. I just need to clean it up a bit. Hope I didnt f up my engine.

x-rider
10-01-2014, 09:28 PM
I think this pigs $#%@!¡*. Rusty water in the pipe, jug, carb. I think the carb may be cleaned up. Throttle cable broke. Took off pipe and header, carb, front brake reservoir is garbage. This looks like a nightmare. Looks like I'm gonna have to tear into everything if I'm gonna do this.

rdonald1979
10-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the forms. There are lots of poeple that can help with parts and great info to fix the "PIG".