PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x front end on 83 110?

lonewolfdlw
09-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Anybody know if it's possible to put an '85 200x suspension front end on an '83 110 or '84 125, without a great deal of modification? Just curious, I have a front end available to me and was thinking about making a custom.

QUASIMOTO
09-26-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm putting a 200x front end on my HI PERFORMANCE ATC using an ATC90 stem with an adapter that "Ol Deuce" makes. It's not a bolt on but it's not that difficult to do. I give a description on my thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/169027-Hi-Performance-ATC-update

kaymo
09-26-2014, 10:59 AM
does the front end still have the neck attached?

i do not know about direct swap, as far as sizes and bearings and whatnot, but if you have the old neck tube attached to the donor forks, you can cut the front half of your neck tube off and weld the whole neck tube (bearings and all) from the donor to it. if you cut your old neck tube evenly, it should not be hard to get lined up, you should be able to nestle the new neck tube in whats left of the old one

that is of course if you have access to a welder.

if the bearings and whatnot are nowhere close, this will be your next easiest move for a swap

lonewolfdlw
09-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks, both great ideas. I was think about just doing the cutting and welding version, it seems like the best way to go. This thing is going to be another frankenstein anyway.