PDA

View Full Version : Fixing up an '84 200ES for my daughter.

Pestilence
09-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Hey guys! I'm glad to join the ranks of the 3Wheelerworld.com members. I rode a 250 Big Red when I was growing up and was super happy to find one (a 1984 ATC200ES) for my daughter a few weeks ago. I picked it up in rough shape for $150 and have been buying parts to make her pretty and running ever since. Mine never had any brakes on it, which was fine by me but I had to make sure she had them, of course. Bought a new exhaust, fender, air filter box, battery, seat and CDI plug/coil wire (still missing the recoil). I saw an old thread on here about swapping to a different 5 pin CDI box (because mine is junk) but was having issues making sure it would work for the 1984 and whether or not the info was up to date since it's been a few years. I had it running for about fifteen minutes and after it quit, and wouldn't start again, I bought a bunch of things only to realize that it was probably that damned CDI box. I'm painting the frame and racks right now but my daughter is dying to hear it run, so if anybody knows the current links to those parts and whether or not it'll work for a 5 pin box, please let me know so I can get this thing going for her. She's crazy excited and I have to admit that I'm feeling the same exact way. Thanks for letting me join and I hope to hear from some people! :)