PDA

View Full Version : 85 250es Big Red motor ???

Legns
09-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Ok so I finally got the motor from my parts trike in the other trike mainly to test to see if it would run. The motor that was in it smoked bad but ran. This motor was supposed to run great. It was getting late so I called it a night. I went out this morning to continue working on it and I apparently forgot to shut the gas off because It was pouring out of the carb. Now the motor wont turn over did I seize it ? It has fresh oil and it was turning over before the gas thing happened. The kick handle wont move at all. I had to go to work so I could not tear into it to see the problem. Any advice will greatly appreciated

cap
09-29-2014, 03:15 PM
The cylinder may be full of gas, take out the plug and give it a try. You will also have to change the oil it thats the problem.

Legns
09-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Thanks tomorrow I will do that and see how it goes. Could it be anything else ? if not that anything else I should look at?

Legns
10-02-2014, 05:10 PM
an update so it finally stopped raining so I could get to the trike today pulled the plug cylinder was full of gas :cry: I sucked it out and put a little bit of oil in there and let it sit for a couple of hours. I went to kick it over and by some miracle it kicked over just fine :w00t: so now I just have to rebuild the carb to see if I can get it running again.

tripledog
10-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Make sure to clean, or better yet replace, the float needle and seat. If the needle is stuck, gas will continue to flow even though the float rises.