PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problem

bearman
09-29-2014, 08:07 PM
I just bought a 200es from my neighbor, I have fixed the shifter issue now there is no power to the anything on the handle bars. I have checked the only two fuses that I found the little red wire coming off the battery and it has power. The other fuse I found was strapped to the frame near the back, no power to it{there is on my parts bike 200m}. When I touch the wire that goes to starter with power it will turn over. I have no head light no neutral light or reverse light will not turn over with the button. Any and all ideas would be great. Thanks

BlueRaven
09-29-2014, 09:53 PM
No experience with your particular model but I do have an idea or two. Have you checked the continuity of the wire? It's possible that there's an internal break. Also check the connectors themselves for breaks or corrosion. Flexing of the wires can slowly break individual wire strands until your down to 3 or 4 strands. Sure it'll conduct, but it won't transmit enough juice to do the job. The switch assembly on your handlebar could be gummed up from age and preventing adequate function. I would dismantle it, clean up the contacts and reassemble. Don't forget to use dielectric (spelling?) grease.

bearman
09-30-2014, 09:01 PM
All fixed. It was a bad ignition, replaced with one off my 200e parts bike.