PDA

View Full Version : The 2014-2015 March Towards Lord Stanley's Cup

bkm
10-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Ah yes, it's one of the greatest times of the year when us small group of rabid hockey fans get settled in for some trench warfare with our favorite teams. Anyone who's been around here the last few years and has followed my other hockey related threads knows I'm a die hard St. Louis Blues fan and I wear my emotions on my sleeve when it comes to them.

They've got a young talented team and if the goaltending can pull it together, I like their chances. Who knows, the 47 year drought just might be over???

Good luck to every team besides the Blackhawks. LGB

M.Pargiello
10-02-2014, 11:58 PM

That's my boy!! You know where I stand. .....Unfortunately, My wife is a wings fan.

bkm
10-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Don't be surprised if you get a visit in the morning from DFS. LOL

M.Pargiello
10-03-2014, 11:30 AM
What's dfs? Maybe I do know just can't place the acronym

bkm
10-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Division of Family Services. It's a child/family hotline if you think someone is abusing or neglecting their child/family member. Poor child doesn't deserve to be raised a Blackhawk fan. A Wings fan is bad enough and could possibly be considered neglect, but a Hawk's t-shirt is downright abuse. Lol

Lord Letto 20
10-03-2014, 02:09 PM
GO LEAFS GO!

the Jets is my 2nd best team though due to the St. Johns Ice Caps being their AHL Affilite team as I found out in NHL 12.

El Camexican
10-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Flew into Chitown yesterday afternoon and was greeted with a view of many action posters of Toews and Kane. As stimulating as it was, I respectfully refrained from putting my well traveled Jets hat on until they announced that we could begin boarding for Winnipeg. There were only 13 people on the fight and at least 9 were adorned in Jets paraphernalia. Two hours later we descended into the Mecca of hockey where every third license plate bears the Jets insignia and season tickets were sold out long ago for a team that has yet to make the playoffs. Yes my friends, hockey season is upon us once again!

M.Pargiello
10-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Oh, I gotcha haha. Most people around here say CPS

redsox
10-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Here it's DCF, and its generally reserved for Habs T shirts and Yankee hats. I've got mixed emotions on the Bear this year. I was/am a huge Thornton fan and I cant believe the Boychuk move. I don't know. But, after a DISMAL baseball season i'm glad the puck has dropped!!

bkm
10-10-2014, 09:15 AM
The Blues looked horrible for two periods and for what ever reason Hitchcock decided to go with totally different lines from what was clicking in the preseason. He switched them back in the third and we scored two goals. The guy is a hell of a coach, but just can't leave anything alone to save his life.

El Camexican
11-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Blues are in Winnipeg on Sunday. I predict a great game!

El Camexican
04-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Everybody ready?

- Big screen HD - Check
- Fridge full of beer - Check
- Plenty of Cuban rum - Check
- Cigar box full - Check
- Phone answering machine message changed to "I'll call you after the game"

My razor goes in the drawer as soon as the Jets have a clinched X beside their name. I hope I don't curse them, but it sure looks like they're are going to finally make the show and kick it off with nobody on the injured list. Better yet I can't think of any team that will be able to hold them off for 4 wins besides maybe the Duck's.:w00t:

86T3
04-10-2015, 09:43 PM
The greatest winner of the 2014-15 season has just been clinched. Your Buffalo Sabres with a loss tonight guaranteed themselves the 2nd pick at worst in the draft. McDavid vs Eichel, Canada vs USA. And to top it all pff, our final game of the season is home vs the penguins. The pens must win or they don't make the playoffs and Boston does. My lovely wife has tickets to her company's box, unfortunately I can't make it. I bet the barn will be rocking.

https://youtu.be/OUDmfdTxLew

bkm
04-10-2015, 09:52 PM
The Kings are dead. Thank the Lord. The Blues have been playing some good hockey lately behind Jake Allen who has somehow pulled his head out his asse at the right time. Two wins over the Hawks have also been nice, but the only team in the West that doesn't scare me is the Flames. Every other team has been nothing but trouble lately.

El Camexican
04-11-2015, 12:59 AM
I need to thank your Sabers 86T3. Myers is incredible. Him and Buff are like the Ying and Yang of the kickass gang on the blue line. I feel for you ending up with "Kane the pain" (in the azz). He's got moves... and if you're lucky they'll be to another team ASAP.

Big call out to all the fans out West. (The REAL West, not that Vancouver West) . Oilers and Flames picked up the slack and made it happen for Winnipeg:beer, we won't forget it... till next season :naughty:

86T3
04-11-2015, 10:56 PM
I hope Myers does well there. He is a good guy and was involved in the community. I think we got the better defenseman in that trade though. Hopefully Kane can get his act together. He was brought into the league in an crappy situation, we all hope a fresh start can help him out. I'm skeptical about him and wish we didn't have to give so much up to get him. But enough about the bottom feeders, can't wait for the playoffs to begin, it's the best that professional sports has to offer

redsox
04-11-2015, 11:53 PM
the bear is dead. went out with a wimper. very dissappointing. too much talent through the out door. its a shame. any-hoo. can't wait for the playoffs!! still the best thing in pro sports.

El Camexican
04-12-2015, 01:30 AM
I can't seem to post a screen shot of my ladder so here goes:

1st Round Western
Blues over Wild in 6
Hawks over Predators in 7
Jets over Ducks in 6
Calgary over Vancouver in 7

First Round Eastern
Canadians over Senators in 6
Bolts over Wings in 7
Rangers over Penguins in 7
Caps over Islanders in 7

Put em up boys, the worst thing we can be is wrong:lol:

bkm
04-12-2015, 02:26 AM
Blues over Wild in 6
Preds over the Hawks in 6
Ducks over the Jets in 7
Calgary over Nucks in 6

Canadians over the Sens in 5
Bolts over the Wings in 4
Rangers over the Pens in 5
Isles over the Caps in 7

El Camexican
04-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Finally gonna get me some tonight!:Bounce I can't believe I've gone this many days without some action. I'm to the point I'd almost be willing to pay for it.

Hockey that is, talking about ice hockey here.:p

Mr. Clean
04-15-2015, 07:04 PM
I like both of your projections for the Bolts to take the first series

GO BOLTS!!!!! er LIGHTNING!!!

Truth is after the Lightning won the Stanley Cup I quit watching, due to the labor strike the next year. The Lightning had a very talented team, wanted to watch them go for two......I have decided that I am going to try to watch as much of their road to hoisting the Stanley Cup this year!!!

1st Round Western
Wild over Blues in 4
Hawks over Predators in 4
Jets over Ducks in 4
Vancouver over Calgary in 7

First Round Eastern
Canadians over Senators in 6
Bolts over Wings in 4
Penguins over Rangers in 6
Islanders over Caps in 6

El Camexican
04-15-2015, 07:56 PM
GO BOLTS!!!!! er LIGHTNING!!!

LOL! The first time I turned on the TV and saw those "BOLTS" jerseys I thought I was watching a junior game. I half expected the backs of the uniforms to say "NUTS"

Too bad you ended up with Winnipeg's old team down there. They could have suck started a Harley this year:lol:

hublake
04-15-2015, 08:10 PM
The Bolts might beat the Wings but it will take more than 4. Go Wings

86T3
04-15-2015, 10:43 PM
I wish PK Subban was white so I could hate him without feeling like I'm a racist. Not that it stops me from hating him, I just feel wierd about it.

El Camexican
04-15-2015, 11:35 PM
I wish PK Subban was white so I could hate him without feeling like I'm a racist. Not that it stops me from hating him, I just feel wierd about it.

He got a good rest tonight. Must have been a lumber jack in another life. Didn't look like he swung that hard, but he had the stick extended straight out. What a dumb ass.

bkm
04-16-2015, 12:31 AM
1st Round Western
Wild over Blues in 4

You're dead to me. Don't you have a filler neck area to polish?

El Camexican
04-16-2015, 12:43 AM
Don't you have a filler neck area to polish? I remember that post!:lol:

So each of us hit three out of four of our picks tonight. Sorry guy, but I wouldn't bet a red cent on any of these series going less than 5 games. I got to see some of every game but the NYI & Caps. Some great hockey was played, but tomorrow will be even better... If I can stay awake.

bkm
04-16-2015, 01:11 AM
Does Stone play soccer during the summer? Any relation to Oliver Stone?

El Camexican
04-16-2015, 01:45 AM
Does Stone play soccer during the summer? Any relation to Oliver Stone?

Those were real tears! He called out for his mother when he went down and even went to the dressing room for a boo boo kiss, what else do you want?

bkm
04-16-2015, 02:05 AM
I guess whatever it takes to get the other team's best player out of the game? What will uncle Don think?

86T3
04-16-2015, 08:12 AM
I only get to listen to the games and find what clips I can on YouTube later that night but I read that stone left the game twice to go to the locker room. I doubt he'd play it out that long but I could be wrong. But here's a clip I found on accident of the big baby getting slashed and taking a dive. https://youtu.be/SZyZ1aIsqcI

bkm
04-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Maybe Stone learned it from playing summer soccer with PK?

Mr. Clean
04-16-2015, 02:37 PM
You're dead to me. Don't you have a filler neck area to polish?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was hoping to provide some shock and awe in this thread!!!

Put em up boys, the worst thing we can be is wrong

^^^^^ Once I saw this, I exercised my liberties for the outcome of the first round !! Truth be told I have zero knowledge of the state of Hockey :lol:

Got the Lightning game on record!!!!

El Camexican
04-16-2015, 06:48 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was hoping to provide some shock and awe in this thread!!!

Wait till the Jets and Blues meet in the next round. I predict that Billy will have to step in an officiate this thread! :lol:

^^^^^ Once I saw this, I exercised my liberties for the outcome of the first round !! Truth be told I have zero knowledge of the state of Hockey :lol:

Got the Lightning game on record!!!!

Well your 4 game long series predictions kind of gave you up, but your predictions for the first night just tied with 2 hockey buffs, so hold your head high for now, you did real good! Unlike those other snooty sports, hockey welcomes everyone with open arms... and a high elbow:naughty:

GO WASHERS!, er I mean BOLTS!:Bounce

El Camexican
04-16-2015, 07:03 PM
Maybe Stone learned it from playing summer soccer with PK?

Trivia Question: Which of these two players was fined by the NHL for taking a dive this season?:D

I have to go take a power nap now. Gonna be a long night. I had a flashback today of my childhood when Toronto would usually end up playing the Kings in the first round and bedtime for me was long before the puck dropped in LA.

I would jump out of bed at 5:00 and risk my life to enter my parents bedroom and whisper "Who won?" in my Dad's ear. The answer was almost always a groan followed by "the Kings". Been some huge names on that team, but they haven't won a cup since I was 1 year old...

bkm
04-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Karma is a bitche. Slipped and fell walking out the door last night and banged up my damned wrist. True fricken story. Then the Blues lay another playoff egg. FML

El Camexican
04-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Karma is a bitche. Slipped and fell walking out the door last night and banged up my damned wrist. True fricken story. Then the Blues lay another playoff egg. FML

I mentioned your mishap to Stone. He hopes you recover soon and asked if you were on your way to soccer practice when it happened.;)

Freakin "Sube the Pube" fractured the guys arm. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=763640 I have no love for either team, but I hope someone on the Sens get a good run at PK.

So, I watched your Blues for about 20 minutes total. Felt bad for you man, hope they pull it together, they didn't look anything like the Blues I watched this year.

Out West (if you didn't see it) the Ducks pumped one into the net before my ass had even made an imprint on the sofa, but the Jets stuffed one in less than a minutes later and then went ahead by one. They looked great till about 5 minutes before the end of the second. Then the stupid penalties started and led to 2 short handed goals. The Ducks were all over them in the third, even without the penalties I think they would have won, but I don't see how they can keep that pace up for the rest of the series.

86T3
04-18-2015, 12:12 AM
I think all of you with teams in the playoffs should quit posting in this thread. Not that I'm superstitious. ..

And I also hope some takes a run at PK. He is such an good player, could be one of the best if he wasnt such a little trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro sometimes.

El Camexican
04-18-2015, 09:58 AM
I think all of you with teams in the playoffs should quit posting in this thread. Not that I'm superstitious. ..

And I also hope some takes a run at PK. He is such an good player, could be one of the best if he wasnt such a little trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro sometimes.

The way my playoff beard is itching right now the Jets loosing in 4 doesn't seem like a bad thing.

86T3
04-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Well, look on the bright side. You could be McDavid and just seen your future get shattered. Edminton, where talent goes to die. https://youtu.be/fL72EuBQMa4

El Camexican
04-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Well, look on the bright side. You could be McDavid and just seen your future get shattered. Edminton, where talent goes to die. https://youtu.be/fL72EuBQMa4

Could be worse, look at Eichel's future:lol:

86T3
04-19-2015, 10:18 PM
Could be worse, look at Eichel's future:lol:

You're lucky you aren't coming to trikefest this year, lol.

86T3
04-21-2015, 12:22 PM
What's up with your boy Byflugien? He's had a dirty couple weeks.

Mr. Clean
04-21-2015, 01:46 PM

That would not be any fun!! How would I get to talk smack about the Blues with bkm? I mean they are down 2-1 to the um....who....um.....cant think of the team name.....oh yeah WILD!!!! :)

Lightning 1-1 after spanking the Wings 5-1!! Going to be another beat down tonight, cant wait to watch!

El Camexican
04-21-2015, 07:15 PM
What's up with your boy Byflugien? He's had a dirty couple weeks.

He was spotted this afternoon shopping for golf clubs in Polo Park.:lol:

Not too impressed with him lately. He didn't show up for game one and now he's added another goon moment to his resume. His clean hits are awesome, but the over the top dirty stuff I could do without. The Jets lack discipline, they have all season. I was hoping that Stewart manning up and turning his cheek the other way to a punch in the face a few weeks ago was a turning point, but a few of the guys still don't get it.

That aside I'm still loving the series, over 100 hits last night and at least that many bruises this morning. The hit on Pardy last night was classic. Him being unable to hold his stick afterwards said it all. Too bad it was our guy and lead to a goal, but credit where credit's due, the Ducks played for keeps.

hublake
04-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Not a lot from the lighting last night.. Wings 3- Lighting 0 Could be an upset in the making.

Mr. Clean
04-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Not a lot from the lighting last night.. Wings 3- Lighting 0 Could be an upset in the making.

Your right! Petr Mrazek is having a GREAT series and the Lightning look flat!! They looked good in game 2 but that is it!

86T3
04-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Unfortunately for the Blues and Jets fans here,
https://youtu.be/yz-x4WzHpe4

What's up with the Lightning? They legitimately should be eliminated but somehow squeeked out a win in game 4.

There's absolutely no media coverage on the Vancouver Calgary series, I had to do a search just to find out what happened. So with Ducks v Flames and Hawks v Wild, do we just assume Ducks v Hawks? Would be a great series, hope it happens.

In the east? Who cares. One boring team v one boring team for an ultimate sleeper of a conference game.

El Camexican
04-27-2015, 06:31 PM

Ok, well if it's gonna be like that I may as well share this: http://www.jokes4us.com/sportsjokes/nhljokes/buffalosabresjokes.html Now remember, I didn't write any of this!!! :lol:

Mr. Clean
04-27-2015, 07:35 PM

What's up with the Lightning? They legitimately should be eliminated but somehow squeeked out a win in game 4.

There's absolutely no media coverage on the Vancouver Calgary series, I had to do a search just to find out what happened. So with Ducks v Flames and Hawks v Wild, do we just assume Ducks v Hawks? Would be a great series, hope it happens.

In the east? Who cares. One boring team v one boring team for an ultimate sleeper of a conference game.

I agree, I do not feel very good about the Lightning game tonight, they just do not have any goal scorers. They have had lots of shots and many power play opportunities and nothing. Got the game on DVR.

Look on NBC sisters stations for the other games. I watched the Vancouver Calgary series and it was very physical!! Lots of big hits and lots of disdain for sure!!!

El Camexican
04-27-2015, 10:04 PM
I agree, I do not feel very good about the Lightning game tonight, they just do not have any goal scorers. They have had lots of shots and many power play opportunities and nothing. Got the game on DVR.

Look on NBC sisters stations for the other games. I watched the Vancouver Calgary series and it was very physical!! Lots of big hits and lots of disdain for sure!!!

They pulled it off! Don't worry about goals, I think the Bolts scored more goals than any other team in the regular season. They're just sandbagging in this series.;)

Mr. Clean
04-28-2015, 06:04 PM
They pulled it off! Don't worry about goals, I think the Bolts scored more goals than any other team in the regular season. They're just sandbagging in this series.;)

:) They did in fact score the most goals in the regular season!! which is what had me worried as they were getting lots of chances but could not get past Mrazek. Game 7 upcoming and cannot wait.

El Camexican
04-29-2015, 10:10 PM
I assume you all knew you would be graded at the end of the first round, right? so here’s how it works. You get 1 point for guessing the series winner and another point if you also guessed how many games it would go for a maximum of 16 possible points in the first round. Here are the results of the first round:

1st Round Western
Wild over Blues in 6 : bkm -0 Mr. C – 1 El Cam – 0
Hawks over Predators in 6: bkm -0 Mr. C – 1 El Cam – 1
Ducks over Jets in 4: bkm -1 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 0
Calgary over Vancouver in 6: bkm -2 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 1

1st Round Eastern
Canadians over Senators in 6: bkm -1 Mr. C – 2 El Cam – 1
Bolts VS Wings in 7: bkm -1 Mr. C – 1 El Cam – 2
Rangers over Penguins in 5 : bkm -2 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 1
Caps over Islanders in 7: bkm -0 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 2

bkm – 8 points
Mr. C – 4 points
El Cam – 8 points

The next round will be worth 2 points for picking the wining team and 2 points for predicting the length of the series for another 16 possible points. Each subsequent round the points for correct predictions will double, so plenty of ways for all to get back into the lead. The points winner at the end of this all will be mailed a genuine hockey puck that was used in an actual Mexican ice hockey game. These pucks are rarer than Tiger parts, so make your picks carefully!

Here are my 2nd round picks:

2nd Round Western
Hawks over Wild in 7
Ducks over Calgary in 6

2nd Round Eastern
Canadians over Bolts in 5
Rangers over Caps in 6

Post em up boys!

bkm
04-30-2015, 12:14 AM
Hawks over Wild in 6
Calgary over Ducks in 7
Canadians over the Bolts in 6
Rangers over Caps in 5

bkm
05-01-2015, 07:59 AM
Is it too late to rethink my Calgary/Anaheim decision? Lol

El Camexican
05-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Is it too late to rethink my Calgary/Anaheim decision? Lol

Only if I can change my guess to Ducks in 4

Where is Mr. Clean with his picks? He's the only one who still has a horse in this race.

Mr. Clean
05-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Only if I can change my guess to Ducks in 4

Where is Mr. Clean with his picks? He's the only one who still has a horse in this race.

Sorry a little late to the party. Here are my picks, honestly I only know the result of the lightning and wild games from yesterday and I am taking the wild since I took them over the blues. :)

2nd Round Western
Wild over Hawks in 7
Flames over Ducks in 7

2nd Round Eastern
Bolts over Canadians in 7
Rangers over Caps in 7

El Camexican
05-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Sorry a little late to the party.

Let me get with Bettman, you may only be eligible for 1/2 a puck. 86T3, where are yours?

86T3
05-03-2015, 12:11 AM
I hate making predictions, but since you asked.

Hawks over wild in 5
Ducks over Calgary in 5
Lightning over Montreal in 6
Caps over Rangers in 7

It's much easier to wait till the round is over and make fun of other people people's predictions.

El Camexican
05-03-2015, 01:21 AM
It's much easier to wait till the round is over and make fun of other people people's predictions.

As a Buffalo fan you've got thick skin. Thanks for playing!

Mr. Clean
05-06-2015, 10:59 PM
WOW!!! Tyler Johnson game winning goal with 1.1 seconds left!!!! What a game !!!!

The lightning play such a clean style of hockey! No cheap shots or dumb penalties, been so much fun to watch!!

El Camexican
05-07-2015, 12:47 AM
Yea, I though the Jets had a patent on getting scored on with less than 30 seconds to go in a tied game, guess not. The Bolts have really turned it on. The Caps look strong too. The Conference final should be good.

86T3
05-07-2015, 07:34 AM
And the caps had one with 2.3 seconds a couple night ago. Absolutely crazy. I really hope the lightning and caps move on, I thought and was dreading that we'd have to sit through a rangers Canadiens series. Defensive games aren't fun for people who don't have a stake in the game

bkm
05-07-2015, 01:28 PM
I'm pulling for the Bolts because of the St. Louis boy Ben Bishop.

Mr. Clean
05-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Lightning on to the Eastern Conference Finals!! Glad you guys got me back into Hockey, it has been a joy to watch.

bkm
05-13-2015, 02:57 PM
I almost thought I laid the bkm curse on bishop with my endorsement. Right after thst he looked pretty shaky.

Mr. Clean
05-13-2015, 03:21 PM
I almost thought I laid the bkm curse on bishop with my endorsement. Right after thst he looked pretty shaky.

In particular Hockey players and fans can be very superstitious. No shaving beards, do not touch or acknowledge the conference trophy and the bkm curse. :)

I have no fears, let them play and play hard and may the best team win!!

1st Round Western
Wild over Blues in 6 : bkm -0 Mr. C – 1 El Cam – 0
Hawks over Predators in 6: bkm -0 Mr. C – 1 El Cam – 1
Ducks over Jets in 4: bkm -1 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 0
Calgary over Vancouver in 6: bkm -2 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 1

1st Round Eastern
Canadians over Senators in 6: bkm -1 Mr. C – 2 El Cam – 1
Bolts VS Wings in 7: bkm -1 Mr. C – 1 El Cam – 2
Rangers over Penguins in 5 : bkm -2 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 1
Caps over Islanders in 7: bkm -0 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 2

bkm – 8 points
Mr. C – 4 points
El Cam – 8 points

Is this some type of Mexican/Canadian math? I believe I have five points!! Based on your scoring I am now at 7 points, and possibly 11 if the Rangers win!! If they do win that means Martin St. Louis will have to face his old club!!

El Camexican
05-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Is this some type of Mexican/Canadian math? I believe I have five points!!

What can I say? I'm a product of the Canadian edukation syitem, we're taught how to play hockey, our moms take care of the goal count!
I'll post up the proper stats tomorrow.

El Camexican
05-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Glad you guys got me back into Hockey, it has been a joy to watch.

Maybe so, but while you're enjoying hockey every night there's a tank neck somewhere out there that's not getting buffed...:lol:

El Camexican
05-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Sorry again Mr. C., I’m an ice hockey referee in my spare time, I was born to make mistakes!

So here are the results of this round as well as the revised 1st round totals. Nice job 86T3! (feel free to check my math);)

2nd Round Western
Hawks over Wild in 4: bkm -2 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 2 86T3 - 2
Ducks over Calgary in 5: bkm -0 Mr. C – 0 El Cam – 2– 86T3 - 4

2nd Round Eastern
Bolts over Canadians in 6: bkm -0 Mr. C – 2 El Cam – 0 86T3 - 4
Rangers over Caps in 7 bkm -2 Mr. C – 4 El Cam – 2 86T3 - 0

bkm – (1st Round) 8 points + (2nd Round) 4 points + (3rd Round) ? points+ (Final) ? points = Total?
Mr. C – (1st Round) 5 points + (2nd Round) 6 points + (3rd Round) ? points+ (Final) ? points = Total?
El Cam – (1st Round) 8 points + (2nd Round) 6 points + (3rd Round) ? points+ (Final) ? points = Total?
86T3 – (1st Round) *0 points + (2nd Round) 10 points+ (3rd Round) ? points+ (Final) ? points = Total?
*Did not participate

Get your 3rd Round picks up boys! Here are mine.

3rd Round Western
Ducks over Hawks in 6 :(

3rd Round Eastern
Rangers over Bolts in 7

86T3
05-14-2015, 09:53 AM
What can I say? I'm a product of the Canadian edukation syitem, we're taught how to play hockey, our moms take care of the goal count!
I'll post up the proper stats tomorrow.

Remember fellas, there are two types of countries. Those that have been to the moon and those that use the metric system.:lol::lol:

I really wish the caps would have won, Ovi is so much fun to watch and I hate the Rangers

I'll say Hawks in 6 and lightning in 6 also.

Mr. Clean
05-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Hawks over Ducks in 6
Bolts over Rangers in 6

El, what is the point value for wins and guessing the number of games for round 3? Or should someone who is better at math come up with that :crazy:

El Camexican
05-14-2015, 08:58 PM
Remember fellas, there are two types of countries. Those that have been to the moon and those that use the metric system.:lol::lol:

http://www.space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html

Would you even be seen on a Tecate 15?

El Camexican
05-14-2015, 09:00 PM
El, what is the point value for wins and guessing the number of games for round 3? Or should someone who is better at math come up with that :crazy:

4 to pick the team and 4 to pick the games. 16 points available in each round. Still plenty of ways to win. Where's bkm at?:wondering

86T3
05-15-2015, 07:58 AM
"Metric system, giving comfort to the "less" endowed since the beginning of standard"

bkm
05-15-2015, 08:53 AM
Ducks in 7 and Rangers in 6

El Camexican
05-15-2015, 08:53 AM
"Metric system, giving comfort to the "less" endowed since the beginning of standard"

Maybe so, but I dare you to ask a woman how many stones she weighs.

onformula1
05-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Maybe so, but I dare you to ask a woman how many stones she weighs.
Now thats funny!

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

86T3
05-23-2015, 06:48 AM
I have to steal the playoff thunder for just a second. Not sure if the Sabres got Babcock-blocked by Toronto or if he was just a Babcock-tease but we're still coach less. His loss, hope he enjoys GM by comitee up there.

bkm
05-23-2015, 08:52 AM
I think Babs Maplecock will actually do good in Toronto. Being a hockey fan not close to Canada I like seeing the Soap Opera shenanigans. I'm actually pulling for the guy and being a Blues fan, I know a misery only second to those poor fans in Toronto.

86T3
05-23-2015, 12:20 PM
If Toronto hooligans invaded your arena multiple times a year you'd think differently. He's a great (the best?) coach and I think that will translate on the ice but they are a friggin mess. It won't be a quick turnaround for an old and expensive roster, can he last 3 or 4 years before the fans turn on him? Should be interesting to watch.

bkm
05-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Toronto Holligans/Chicago Holligans, same difference. It's cheaper for a Hawks fan to pay double face price, drive or fly to St. Louis, act like Asswholes, get locked up for being Asswholes and brawling with Blues fans, get their wig split by STLPD, and pay the hospital bill, then it is to buy a ticket in Chicago for a Blues Blackhawks game. So we get a split crowd everyChi/Stl game and unless you look at center ice, you'd never know who was the home team.

El Camexican
05-23-2015, 01:01 PM
As my sister who catches the odd State side game in her travels said: "Hockey fans shouldn't fight with each other, there isn't enough of us for that". That said anyone who gets loaded and acts like an ass in another teams building deserves an escorted elevator party.

On the topic of idiots, any idea as to how low an IQ one needs to have to stand up and pound on the glass when the play comes into the corner their seated at?:rolleyes:

bkm
05-23-2015, 01:20 PM
On the topic of idiots, any idea as to how low an IQ one needs to have to stand up and pound on the glass when the play comes into the corner their seated at?:rolleyes:

Very few things piss me off worse than this.

86T3
05-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Toronto Holligans/Chicago Holligans, same difference. It's cheaper for a Hawks fan to pay double face price, drive or fly to St. Louis, act like Asswholes, get locked up for being Asswholes and brawling with Blues fans, get their wig split by STLPD, and pay the hospital bill, then it is to buy a ticket in Chicago for a Blues Blackhawks game. So we get a split crowd everyChi/Stl game and unless you look at center ice, you'd never know who was the home team.

Wow, you nailed it, that's exactly what happens here and for the same reason.

bkm
05-23-2015, 05:40 PM
It's been really bad since the Blackhawks joined the NHL in 2010.

El Camexican
05-23-2015, 06:24 PM
It's been really bad since the Blackhawks joined the NHL in 2010.
:lol::lol::lol:

Mr. Clean
05-30-2015, 10:18 AM
Lightning in 7!! Tonight we get to see who our opponent will be!!

bkm and ElCamexican this is for you for not picking the Lightning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

El Camexican
05-30-2015, 11:41 PM
Here's where we stand.

bkm – (1st Round) 8 points + (2nd Round) 4 points + (3rd Round) 0 points+ (Final) ? points = Total?
Mr. C – (1st Round) 5 points + (2nd Round) 6 points + (3rd Round) 8 points+ (Final) ? points = Total?
El Cam – (1st Round) 8 points + (2nd Round) 6 points + (3rd Round) 0 points+ (Final) ? points = Total?
86T3 – (1st Round) *0 points + (2nd Round) 10 points+ (3rd Round) 8 points+ (Final) ? points = Total?
*Did not participate

This round is 8 points to pick the team and 8 more if you guess the amount of games it takes. Good luck:beer

I'm taking the Hawks in 6 for the Cup

I also predict I'll be the ONLY one picking the Hawks as there are two Bolts fans involved here and one guy that would rather have his fingernails removed with a set of Harbor Freight pliers than pick the Hawks to win :lol:

86T3
05-31-2015, 01:43 PM
Hawks in 5. My wife is from the Chicago suburbs and Kane is from buffalo, they're my "B" team.

Mr. Clean
05-31-2015, 02:50 PM
Lightning in 7.

bkm
05-31-2015, 04:15 PM
I'd rather drink turpentine and pisss on a brush fire than pick the Hawks to win a cup. Clean, sorry to put the bkm curse on your Bolts, but I take them in 6. I hate this sport

El Camexican
06-01-2015, 12:40 AM
Hawks in 5. My wife is from the Chicago suburbs and Kane is from buffalo, they're my "B" team.

Cool, Kane is my favorite American player. Keith, Sharp and Toews are all from my home town, so the Hawks are easy to cheer for. Soon they will have their third Cup in 5 years:w00t: and now a tune we'll be hearing a lot off in a few days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0b_c5fZOzw

bkm
06-15-2015, 11:47 PM
The bkm curse strikes again. If you guys were smart, you'd take my predictions, do the opposite, and cash in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

El Camexican
06-17-2015, 12:19 AM
Final tally....

bkm – (1st Round) 8 points + (2nd Round) 4 points + (3rd Round) 0 points+ 0 points = Total 12
Mr. C – (1st Round) 5 points + (2nd Round) 6 points + (3rd Round) 8 points+ 0 points = Total 19
El Cam – (1st Round) 8 points + (2nd Round) 6 points + (3rd Round) 0 points+ 16 points = Total 30
86T3 – (1st Round) *0 points + (2nd Round) 10 points+ (3rd Round) 8 points+ 8 points = Total 26
*Did not participate

Guess I'll be using that puck for another season :w00t:

86T3
06-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Since I only finished 4 points back and didn't play the first round I'm just going to consider that a win. I'm kinda bummed the playoffs are over, I was busier than ever during them and only got to catch a couple games. I was luck to catch the last 10 minutes of the final game when I stopped at a Dennys in South Carolina for a late night breakfast. I heard the series was real tight, was the play good? Exciting or a snoozer?

Mr. Clean
06-17-2015, 12:58 PM
It was a great series for sure, end to end action with lots of scoring chances. I was not ready for it to be over in 6, was really hoping for another game tonight.

I am already starting to plan to attend a Coyotes/Lightning game next season. However last week the Glendale city council voted to terminate the Coyotes contract to play in Glendale. It is the court system now and I am sure it will get worked out one way or the other as Phoenix has stated they would welcome the Coyotes with open arms. I would hate to have to drive to LA to watch Hockey...

bkm
06-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Sour grapes here fellas. Unfortunately I'm not going to be much good to ya's.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

El Camexican
06-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Since I only finished 4 points back and didn't play the first round I'm just going to consider that a win. I'm kinda bummed the playoffs are over, I was busier than ever during them and only got to catch a couple games. I was luck to catch the last 10 minutes of the final game when I stopped at a Dennys in South Carolina for a late night breakfast. I heard the series was real tight, was the play good? Exciting or a snoozer?

Yea, you likely would have won it, but I guess we'll never know :lol: Next year make sure you get in early.

86T3
06-17-2015, 11:12 PM
I'll get it in early, how about that? Sabres win round 1 in 5, round 2 in 7, round 3 in 6, and take the cup in 4...., nope, 3. They'll win it in 3