PDA

View Full Version : Trizinger starts acting funny once warmed up?

Eric o
10-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Put malossi piston an high comp head runs mint until it's fully warmed up. It starts stalling and bogging out ,but will stay running if you choke it? First time it happened no matter what I did With kill switch -off -start -run I couldn't shut it off then I gave it gas in off and it stalled.now it gets warmed up after 15-20 minuets and starts sputtering an stalling out?could it be the cdi getting hot? Can you use pw50 cdi parts I tried searching the topic but found nothing.:wondering

shortline10
10-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a fuel flow issue to me . check every thing from the gas cap to the petcock down the float valve , something is restricting the fuel flow .
If all that checks out ok then check for intake manifold leaks and possible crank case seals leaking .

Eric o
10-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Wouldn't fuel issue occur at start up to, this only happens once trike is hot ?

atc007
10-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Is your switch on the throttle housing still there? You're switching that to run after starting I assume? If you're getting 20 minutes of good running,that does sound more like ignition.

shortline10
10-05-2014, 07:09 PM
You stated that you needed to choke it to keep it running once its starts acting up that would defiantly be a fuel flow issue also the motor not wanting to shut off and revving up high could also be fuel flow / air leak / crank seals .

Wouldn't fuel issue occur at start up to, this only happens once trike is hot ?

Eric o
10-05-2014, 07:45 PM
I only choke to see if it worked it eventually sputters with choke on to.....yeah it's in run, first time it happened it wouldn't shut off no matter what I did until I gave it throttle in the off position that's why I think it's cdi or electrical switch once it heats up ??? I wasn't sure if someone had a similar problem....should I get new cdi and switch and if so does pw50 stuff work??L thanks guys I'm not very savey when it comes to engines:rolleyes:

atc007
10-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Air leak will do the same. I would run it 10-15 minutes,pull the mag cover before you start it. As it gets hotter, spray starting fluid around behind the flywheel,carb,cases. Anywhere it could be sucking air. If it revs to the moon. You have an air leak. If not.. It isn't guaranteed you don't without an official leak down test. But a good chance it is solid. Then try a cdi.