PDA

View Full Version : 85 atc250sx clutch and shifter pedal help!!

Lambo200s
10-06-2014, 08:36 PM
So...bike ran fine before making repairs minus the fact that in 3-5 gears it lacked pull. I assumed this was due to worn friction plates in transmission clutch. Either way I ordered oem friction plates, oem steel plates, a new one way bearing and centrifugal shoes. All of which were oem. After initial rebuild I do remember getting it all together but noticed a very tight shift pedal. I attributed this unusual problem due to not adjusting the clutch nut and adjuster screw after putting new parts in clutch. After pressing down the shifter stop stud (that keeps shifter at a detent position) broke off. So...the left side of motor had to be torn down and this part was replaced. As it sits now my problem is this. What causes the pedal not to engage/disengage the auto clutch? Because when i shift up or down bike goes immediately in to gear. At first i assumed that after breaking the shifter stud, that sits behind the return spring, that maybe the bikes clutch was not correctly engaging/disengaging. But like i said..i replaced the stud and bike still just wants to always pull without truly engage/disengage the clutch while using pedal.
What should I be looking at?